I know this topic has been discussed more than once but RIM isn't giving it an importance, RIM should release theme builder 7 by the end of this month as promised who doesn't like themes , let me tell you something I my self switched from nokia e72 to blackberry curve 8520 a long time ago not only for bbm but for the themes which it has, well they say that RIM is in trouble it has about 2 billion phones (not sure of that number) not sold in the market well theme builder 7 can help its sales I mean a lot of people would switch from os 6 phones to os 7 I'm not saying that people would switch from iphones and android to blackberry but I'm saying that a lot of people would love themes on the bold 9900 they would it has amazing hardware , responsive and it has amazing themes , why not switching from an old blackberry to os 7 ? if RIM released theme builder 7 this month they would make all os7 users extremely happy and it would help her sell more os7 devices I'm not saying that it would solve RIM's problem but it could help so what do you think ?
    Last edited by k.kanj; 06-16-12 at 01:38 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-16-12 01:18 AM
    I dont think a theme is a make or break in a phone, people like themes but they dont rely on them its just a accessory to the phone.
    If some one liked the look of the 9900 and when they go to buy it i doubt the customer will say "i wont buy this,i dosent have themes"

I had the 8520 great phone and i loved themes,changed themes nearly everyday,got my 9800 because i wanted the phone,it had barley any themes,but i got used to that and i dont think ive ever changed the theme onit,i dont think lack of themes will ever stop me buy a phone,i even had a iphone not 1 theme on it (apples fault)
    06-16-12 06:58 AM
    I agree with the OP, I stayed with my 9650 as long as I could because of the LACK of customization with OS7, then I started seeing good looking themes for the 99xx without theme builder 7 so I decided to purchase the 9930. I'm not saying that themes is the main reason for using a BlackBerry phone, but for me customization is important and I think BlackBerry users would purchase more OS7 devices if theme builder 7 was available.
    k.kanj likes this.
    06-16-12 07:32 AM
    I dont think a theme is a make or break in a phone, people like themes but they dont rely on them its just a accessory to the phone.
    If some one liked the look of the 9900 and when they go to buy it i doubt the customer will say "i wont buy this,i dosent have themes"

I had the 8520 great phone and i loved themes,changed themes nearly everyday,got my 9800 because i wanted the phone,it had barley any themes,but i got used to that and i dont think ive ever changed the theme onit,i dont think lack of themes will ever stop me buy a phone,i even had a iphone not 1 theme on it (apples fault)
    dude I agree with you but themes is in a way sort of like apps for blackberry you said iphone doesn't have themes but they have about 650 000 app in the appstore no one would care about themes but blackberry users doesn't have that amount of apps and that's fine with me I only use my phone for bbm and social stuff but I love changing how my phone looks every day and I said that if theme builder 7 is released a lot of blackberry os 6 and os 5 users will switch to os 7 not iphone or android users only a couple but I agree that a theme is only an accessory for the phone but who doesn't love accessorising his phone?
    06-16-12 08:38 AM
    Kinda what kanj said...BB10 is more important to RIM's survival than OS7 themes...so guess what gets the focus.

Not particularly directed at OP, but a lot of users seem to be forgetting that RIM is a business first and can't keep appealing to consumers' esoteric whims.
    06-16-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD