What differences will I notice if I upgrade from a non-3G curve to a torch ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 02:35 PM
    Definitely faster wireless data.
    Generally better, snappier OS.
    Better browser.
    That lovely full touch screen.
    Everything else you love about BB, except...
    Not as good keyboard; decent for a slider, but not the Curve.

There's so much more, but those are the highlights I can think of off the top of my head.

03-17-11 02:48 PM
    +1 with 18to12fitty and NO more battery pulls
    03-17-11 03:30 PM
    It is a lot better overall device for already said reasons....and fitty is right, the physical keyboard on the Torch pails in comparison to most candy bar keyboard BB's...

Besides that the Torch is a nice phone.

03-17-11 04:10 PM
  5. T
    I tried my media card in a torch, and the thumbnails of my pics loaded really fast. I find that on my curve they take a while to load, especially if the folder contains a lot of them.

03-17-11 05:34 PM
    Trackpad navigation + simultaneously selecting things with the touchscreen.

It's ALOT better than navigating and selecting with the straight trackpad... Personally I like the Torch keyboard better than the curve series , but not necessarily better than the bold series.
    03-17-11 06:28 PM
    Thanks guys, have been playing with androids and am undecided. The lack of apps is what is irritating me on bb but really don't like the way htc feels

03-18-11 03:50 AM
    Thanks guys, have been playing with androids and am undecided. The lack of apps is what is irritating me on bb but really don't like the way htc feels

In that case, you have to figure out if you need a bunch of apps to make your phone work that aren't available for BB or just want to have that kind of huge selection at your disposal.

As for the HTC, is it a matter of really not liking the feel of it, or just being so comfortable with your BB? If it's just that you're used to BB's and the HTC is unfamiliar, that can be overcome with a little time and real-life usage. But if it's really physically and aesthetically awkward to you, that's not something that will likely pass. So, pretty much like with any other device, you need to figure out what evils of either choice you can or cannot live with.
    03-18-11 06:44 AM
    What are you missing with BB? I have yet to find an app I need not on BB. My current crop is over 25 and all are used with regularity. Games don't impress me on any of the handhelds. And , MP3 player does my music. For me BB is all about functionality and there are lots of apps for the purpose.

03-18-11 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD