My new 2 year upgrade for verizon is coming up soon and I am trying to decide whether i want a blackberry or just a smart phone.
    Im trying to decide between the:
    Blackberry Tour
    Samsung Omnia
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Mortorola Droid

I currently have the LG Dare but it just doesnt do enough for me. I absolutely love my dare for its touch screen. I am willing to go for the tour even though it doesnt have a touch screen because i've heard a lot of really good things about. I mostly want the smart phone because i spend a lot of time on the bus and i want to be able to get some homework done while on it.

So any help on which phone i should go with would be awsom.

thank you.
    11-12-09 01:38 PM
    You sound like me a few months back...lol I went from an LG Vu to a Blackberry Bold 9000 and the switch was the best decision I've made in my cellular history. I personally didn't like the touchscreen on the Vu. I need to feel the rebound of "actual" buttons. As for you.... You might want to try going to a local verizon store and see what the employees are carrying there. You might get lucky and find an employee that will let you actually get your hands on one or more of the phones you have in mind. Now you're in "Crackberry.com" so we're a little biased here (little is an understatment) and I know that I will forever carry a Blackberry from no on. Do what most do: check the online reviews and specs and yada, yada, yada! I did all that and still was in awe when my BLACKBERRY (hint, hint) arrived IT'S THE BEST THING EVER!
    PEACE
    Last edited by blutricky; 11-12-09 at 02:05 PM.
    11-12-09 02:02 PM
    I would definitely go with the droid. I carry a tour and a droid and if I didn't need a berry for work I would only carry the droid. It's a fantastic phone and the only downside to me is the lack of the awesome qwerty keyboard on the tour (the tour's keyboard is amazing, btw).

The onscreen keyboard on the droid is pretty fantastic as well.

I strongly recommend trying the droid.
    11-12-09 02:30 PM
    Something you have to keep in mind is that you have to have a data plan with blackberrys and i am pretty sure with droid as well. So that means an additional $30 a month.
    11-12-09 02:59 PM
    i have a question why do lots of people make it seem liek blackberrys are bad phone and the new android phones are better cause i really want a blackberry but i don't know.
    11-12-09 06:52 PM
    i have a question why do lots of people make it seem liek blackberrys are bad phone and the new android phones are better cause i really want a blackberry but i don't know.
    Ultimately you should get the phone that does what you need it to do. What others say and think really is irrelevant. It's always helpful for me to to a list if I'm thinking about buying something meaningful. Grab an old fashioned pad, no computer, and write out exactly what you need and want your phone to do. (eg: email, Facebook, Google Maps, good phone clarity, keyboard or touchscreen, access to applications, YouTube, etc.) Once I've boiled down what I want and need then on the other side of the page I list the devices that will or won't meet certain needs. In the end you'll end up, ideally, narrowing it down to a couple of devices to put your hands on. Just a thought.
    11-12-09 07:00 PM
    If you decide on the 9630 Tour, wait a little and get the 9650. It will have Wi-Fi, Trackpad and hopefully OS 5.0.
    11-12-09 07:25 PM
    So here is my .02

Get what fits you! This is supposed to be a blackberry site and you would figure you would get alot of people pushing and dragging toward a blackberry.

I putzed around with the Moto Droid and the HTC Eris today. I personally I would go with the Eris if I was not totally happy with my BB. For me the form factor of the Moto Droid is a turn off for me and that buzz when you select something on the screen which remids me of my wife's LG Dare....yuck!

My Storm is just fine for me...but then again I have wanted a BB since 2002. So I am biased but I would not use that to sway to a phone that doesn't fit you.
    11-12-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD