So, I have the dreaded Telus model where these bastards pretty much 'turned - off' the GPS rendering it useless to BBmaps or Gmaps. The only way to make it work is to apparently DOWNLOAD their friggin 3rd party Navigation program and PAY for service.

I have read in here that I should download their software and use the one month trial to get the GPS activated. Then, once BBmaps or Gmaps is working, I should cancel the free month and voila the GPS should continue to work indefinitely.

I have 2 questions:

1) can and will the GPS continue to function on Gmaps after the 1 month trial
    2) Can I delete the teus NAV software OR will doing so remove the 'key' that tuirns on the GPS on the unit?

Please help me!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 01:38 AM
    What program are you trying to use? Cause I've got the telus WE and my gps works fine with google maps and other gps programs

11-04-09 09:03 AM

Unfortunately mine does not work. Searches and searches and searches. I think Telus has blocked the GPS

11-04-09 01:33 PM
    Pin me 301f1154 let's get it working today

11-05-09 12:10 AM
    Okay.... I finally got it to work by installing the Telus Navigator software AND starting the subscription service. Once I did that, all of the GPS software worked. Gmaps, BB maps, etc.

So, my next question is, can I now end my subscription and delete Telus Navigator? Will the GPS still work? I have read in here that you can do this and everything should still work. Can someone in the know please chime in and let me know if this is true?

Thanks!
    11-06-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD