Ok here is my situation. I have the Palm Treo 755p, I have had this phone for over 2 years now and really like it. I recently had to replace it and they told me they would not be able to replace it with the same phone in the near future. So I tired the Droid and liked the nice big screen and apps, but missed my keyboard like crazy. I am heavily considering moving to BB. I have verizon so my options are limited to the Curve 2 and what I hear to be the Tour 2.

Can someone clue me in on what the big difference in these phones are? I see the that the camera is better, and the the whole world thing wich doesnt matter to me.

Hope someone can give me a good idea of what the major differences are with the Curve 2 (8530) and the new Tour 2 (essex)?
    01-05-10 08:14 AM
    tour2 would be higher specd device.
    01-05-10 09:36 AM
    Ok here is my situation. I have the Palm Treo 755p, I have had this phone for over 2 years now and really like it. I recently had to replace it and they told me they would not be able to replace it with the same phone in the near future. So I tired the Droid and liked the nice big screen and apps, but missed my keyboard like crazy. I am heavily considering moving to BB. I have verizon so my options are limited to the Curve 2 and what I hear to be the Tour 2.

Can someone clue me in on what the big difference in these phones are? I see the that the camera is better, and the the whole world thing wich doesnt matter to me.

Hope someone can give me a good idea of what the major differences are with the Curve 2 (8530) and the new Tour 2 (essex)?
    I used a Treo for several years and switched to BB in June 09.
    After 6 months of use I am going to try out Android. If BB steps up its game I might be back in a couple years. It just seems like there is no great leap forward from RIM.
    That being said, if you are set on a BB I'd certainly go with Tour 2.
    01-05-10 09:54 AM
    I wouldn't choose the Curve II simply because its considered more of a "starter" smartphone. I guess you would also want to maybe pick out what aspects of the phone are most important to you. Are you mainly browsing? Do you take a lot of pictures? Etc etc etc.

The Curve II has the same amount of memory as the first Tour, but only has a 2mp camera with NO flash. The Tour camera has a 3.2mp camera with the autofocus feature and flash.

However, the Curve II has wifi, and the Tour 1 does not. No one really knows exactly when the Tour II will be out, so you could be waiting awhile there.
    01-05-10 01:37 PM
    As far as features go I am not so concerned with the camera, like I said I have a treo and have had a few different ones and none have a flash and are definitly less than 2mp.

As for browsing, I only do a very small amount and im happy with my Treo so Im assuming anything that is new will be better.

I am just looking to see if there is any big disatvantadge to the curve over the Tour. Im new to blackberries and dont see how the phones are so different except for a lil on the looks side and some functions like camera flash.

Im looking for something that really says the tour is better for speed or function reasons, things like cameras and internet dont really matter to me. I will be mainly be using my phone for what i do now, Email, calls, text, a lil browsing and navigation.
    01-05-10 02:18 PM
    So based on what you're saying...either one would be fine. Those are the main differences between the phones (as far as camera, wifi and such.) The other difference is the actual appearance of the phone. The Tour is a little bigger and heavier, and there are no spaces between the keys.

The Curve II is much smaller and lighter and there are spaces between the keys. Either one will work for what you say you are doing. I would suggest going into a store and actually seeing which feels better in your hand and if either is easier for you to type on.

They are going to be similar as far as functioning since both have the same amount of memory. The Curve II already has the 5.0 software which brings the threaded messaging. The Tour has had several leaked versions of 5.0 and I would assume that would be made official shortly after the latest leaked version.
    01-05-10 02:30 PM
    curve2 2 megapixel and no flash.
    01-05-10 02:34 PM
    I would take the tour 2 over the curve any day of the week its a higher specced phone and well worth it
    01-05-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD