Hi,

I have a new Bold 9700 shipping in today. Having never owned a BB before (coming from being a two-plus-year iPhone user), I'm really thrilled to take advantage of shortcuts and improvements in productivity over the iPhone (which can be fun, but also rather frustrating if you mainly need a good phone/e-mail device).

Number 1 thing I need to do is organize contacts into sub-folders.

What I do requires me to take down contacts in large bunches depending on an event or location, and I would like to be able to see contacts as groups in a folder or subset of some sort. Along with an app I discovered browsing App World called "CallPop," which allows you to take notes on contacts, this would make the BB my PERFECT solution for this problem.

Thanks! I hope to use these forums to broaden my knowledge, and apologize if this is a stupid question.

csTX
    03-26-10 11:40 AM
    You can do this in the default contacts app. Just open up the list and hit the blackbeRry key and select new group. Then just place the contacts there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 12:03 PM
    Yes as said above, create groups, and you can assign categories for even more customization. The native address book does let you write notes for each contact too. You can fill in lots of information for each contact. I'm not sure how CallPop works though...
    03-26-10 12:14 PM
    So, once you have created the group, how can you not display all those same entries in your contacts folder.

For example:

I moved all of my Food contacts into a group called 'Food' (restaurants, etc.). They are all grouped in there nice, but now I would like to not see them all from my main contacts screen (I have lots of contacts and hate having to scroll through Doctors, Food, Businesses, etc. I like to just group them up into subfolders (or groups) to declutter my contacts folder.

Am I missing something or can you not do that?

Thanks
    05-27-10 12:17 PM
    I just set categories and use filters to see which contacts I want to look through.
    05-27-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD