Hi, I have some kind of an idea that's playing in my head. I have an ipod touch 4th generation that's not capable to be updated to iOs 7 and with that comes the inability to load more and more apps that are starting to crash or the appstore just tells me I cannot download the app because it's not compatible but for iOs 7. So am starting to spend less and less time with it but thinking of an alternative... Blackberry Z10? I have the Q10 and the playbook but the ipod is with me for some nice apps and well that's becoming less and less now + I use mostly photography and news related apps on it (instagram, vine, flipboard, Pinterest, photography apps, newspapers) just LOVE the compact touchscreen that capable of everything but I do not want to use it as a phone. Lots of times when I used touchscreen as phones was a disaster, my line used to be always busy or closed while I was just typing on whatsapp or surfing some (never happened on blackberry). So my question is: am I good in ditching the ipod 4 for a Z10 or... I just update it for an ipod 5? Or just wait some and update my Q10 for the next Q phone during summer? Maybe with this the android runtime would be more updated and ill be able to have a better experience? Any suggestion?

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    02-21-14 03:40 PM
    Hi, I have some kind of an idea that's playing in my head. I have an ipod touch 4th generation that's not capable to be updated to iOs 7 and with that comes the inability to load more and more apps that are starting to crash or the appstore just tells me I cannot download the app because it's not compatible but for iOs 7. So am starting to spend less and less time with it but thinking of an alternative... Blackberry Z10? I have the Q10 and the playbook but the ipod is with me for some nice apps and well that's becoming less and less now + I use mostly photography and news related apps on it (instagram, vine, flipboard, Pinterest, photography apps, newspapers) just LOVE the compact touchscreen that capable of everything but I do not want to use it as a phone. Lots of times when I used touchscreen as phones was a disaster, my line used to be always busy or closed while I was just typing on whatsapp or surfing some (never happened on blackberry). So my question is: am I good in ditching the ipod 4 for a Z10 or... I just update it for an ipod 5? Or just wait some and update my Q10 for the next Q phone during summer? Maybe with this the android runtime would be more updated and ill be able to have a better experience? Any suggestion?

IPod or iPhone? Just to clarify?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-21-14 03:47 PM
    Honestly? I would upgrade to the 5G, for the simple fact that it keeps you in the Apple ecosystem. You are already in the BB ecosystem so you really don't need another BB, but if you give up the iPod you lose all your apple apps.
    bbq10l and TgeekB like this.
    02-21-14 03:51 PM
    IPod or iPhone? Just to clarify?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    No the ipod. For phones Only blackberry.

02-21-14 03:59 PM
    Honestly? I would upgrade to the 5G, for the simple fact that it keeps you in the Apple ecosystem. You are already in the BB ecosystem so you really don't need another BB, but if you give up the iPod you lose all your apple apps.
    Well I doubt any of my apps aren't available on android. Dunno it's somekind weird hehe. I sometimes feel I just have to wait abit an upgrade to the new Q10 and delete the ipod from in here

02-21-14 04:03 PM
    If you want apps Ipod 5G is the obvious pick. Also Itunes library is massive compared to BBworld.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-21-14 04:07 PM
    Well I doubt any of my apps aren't available on android. Dunno it's somekind weird hehe. I sometimes feel I just have to wait abit an upgrade to the new Q10 and delete the ipod from in here

Well If you're in two and one isn't working for you, upgrade the iPod to the Z30 (with an SD card , use the Q10 as back up or have your music in whichever device you'll use as backup

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-21-14 04:08 PM
    Get the BB Z30. You won't be dissappointed.
    02-21-14 05:34 PM
    I had one of those keyboard phones and an ipod.. but my. Phone was pay to go, so I never wanted to text on it. I downloaded a texting app and I nearly turned my ipod into my phone. Fast forward to ios6 and I downloaded it and all of a sudden lag and lag and more lag. Battery was bad and I would have to pay to get it fixed (1hour of use) max. Anyways I debated this but I finally came to a consensus, after using the playbook I decided to give the z10 a try. I'm glad I wasn't an early adopter because the os1.0 that came in it was very glitchy.

Anyways 2 days later I downloaded the leak thst finally allowed apks and gave the ipod to my little sister.

In all honesty I'd say if it's just causal apps, or entertainment apps, 90% of your needs will be met.. any thing else and I can't even fathom why we would be having this debate. Screen size, even battery wise, keyboard, anything the z10 is better. If apps are very essential to you (I'm talking work apps) then ipod but I doubt it.

Anyways I also got an iPhone 4s from someone to use as a phone for a short period that I listed on ebay after day 2 with the zee. And I recycled my old keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:42 PM
    It's important to note tho that if you have a lot of paid apps you might wanna stay on ios..otherwise iTunes is crap. Music wise you can always get your music to sync to the zee and videos

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:43 PM
    I have purchased two z10's for my children and they use it like an ipod. No sim card so they connect to the wifi and play games, bbm, surf the net and so on.

Posted via CB10
    antoscimento likes this.
    02-21-14 06:25 PM
    Always good to have your mitts in as many pies as you can I would say, you already have a Q10, stay with Apple on the other one, (I prefer Android as my second slice of pie personally). Also do you need another phone? Would be a waste of hardware just getting another phone for multimedia purposes only......
    02-21-14 07:21 PM
    You should get a Z10, unless you are 12 years old in which case maybe an iPod (lol) is for you
    02-21-14 07:27 PM
    Always good to have your mitts in as many pies as you can I would say, you already have a Q10, stay with Apple on the other one, (I prefer Android as my second slice of pie personally). Also do you need another phone? Would be a waste of hardware just getting another phone for multimedia purposes only......
    Lol see.. the ipod is costlier or at the same price as a z10 yet it does very little better

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:25 PM
    I had one of those keyboard phones and an ipod.. but my. Phone was pay to go, so I never wanted to text on it. I downloaded a texting app and I nearly turned my ipod into my phone. Fast forward to ios6 and I downloaded it and all of a sudden lag and lag and more lag. Battery was bad and I would have to pay to get it fixed (1hour of use) max. Anyways I debated this but I finally came to a consensus, after using the playbook I decided to give the z10 a try. I'm glad I wasn't an early adopter because the os1.0 that came in it was very glitchy.

Anyways 2 days later I downloaded the leak thst finally allowed apks and gave the ipod to my little sister.

In all honesty I'd say if it's just causal apps, or entertainment apps, 90% of your needs will be met.. any thing else and I can't even fathom why we would be having this debate. Screen size, even battery wise, keyboard, anything the z10 is better. If apps are very essential to you (I'm talking work apps) then ipod but I doubt it.

Anyways I also got an iPhone 4s from someone to use as a phone for a short period that I listed on ebay after day 2 with the zee. And I recycled my old keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    Hey yes that's the problem am having, exactly, very low battery life and lags, actually my android apks on my q10 are working better and it's not fully used even, the memory is 32GB and it's about 12GB free space so it's not about memory. And yes the new ipod5 touch is more expensive in Here than the z10, the 16GB is sold for 270$ and the 32GB in the 300$ while the Z10 is in the 200$ and has microSD card so I can go up to 64GB something impossible on the ipod or iphone.

02-22-14 02:18 AM
    Just an update the ipod 16GB retails for 280$ while the Z10 retails for 350$ (I can negotiate the price for around 320$) so what do you guys think?

02-22-14 05:04 AM
    Z10

z10stl100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-22-14 06:03 AM
    Just an update the ipod 16GB retails for 280$ while the Z10 retails for 350$ (I can negotiate the price for around 320$) so what do you guys think?

If you go on amazon you find a new black for 240, white for 275.

At this point again unless you have a BOAT LOAD of paid apple apps, or you need work oriented apps that wouldn't function well on z10.. get the z10.

I can't fathom this whole "get your hand in as many pie thing ". If you are paying for it I'd imagine you want the best value for your money. This isn't a iPhone vs z10 debate, which might be a hard one... this is a ipod vs z10 debate. the abilities are just wide.

For example if you had a z10, get a 3 bucks cable and hdmi and voila... watch on the screen while you still have a Q to use. I can't explain much better but it's just better..

Think of it this way,you now have 2 experiences of blackberry. Keep your ipod4 just for emergencies but I'd assume entertainment wise the z10 will blow an ipod out of the park.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:22 AM
    You can keep your old ipod to stay connected to the Apple ecosystem. I have an old 3Gs that I use once in a while via wi-fi for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:30 AM
    LEAVE the Z10, get the Z30 - You WILL not be let down, ask almost any user (review sites and user reviews).
    02-22-14 10:37 AM
    Depends on what you use the iPod for. If you use it while you exercise I'd get the newest iPod as it's a much better workout companion. If not the Z10 would suffice.
    02-22-14 11:00 AM
    It could work, you might also consider a cheap used Android phone for the same purpose such a Nexus, or older galaxy S2 maybe.
    02-22-14 11:51 AM
    Hey thanks everyone. I will most probably get myself a Z10. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

02-22-14 12:19 PM
    It could work, you might also consider a cheap used Android phone for the same purpose such a Nexus, or older galaxy S2 maybe.
    So for what purpose would you want to get an older technology? It's almost the same idea as his old ipod. Upgrading from one old device to another old device? Just FYI s5 js about to come out, so that's 3 generations behind.

Get the zee

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:27 PM
    Depends on what you use the iPod for. If you use it while you exercise I'd get the newest iPod as it's a much better workout companion. If not the Z10 would suffice.
    I use my zee to run. But that's all I do so idk much about that

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:28 PM