Really?? Only 3 word suggestions and most of them wrong/ inappropriate for context. Over Christmas I typed Merry Christmas into the iPhone VKB and even after 3 or 4 times, the iPhone AI still hadn't twigged that the next word after Merry would likely be Christmas. Came up with all sorts of rubbish. BlackBerry keyboard got it in one!! And the comma escapade is completely weird. BlackBerry keyboard multiple clipboard is also fantastic.
    iPhone has some good apps - the health is fine. But email handling is atrocious compared to Hub.
    You can thank SwiftKey for those word predictions - BB licensed SwiftKey as the engine for the BB10 keyboard and again to move the keyboard to their Android phones. It's also the reason that BB can't offer the BB10-style keyboard on non-BB-branded phones - the license has restrictions.
    01-10-19 04:59 PM
    You can thank SwiftKey for those word predictions - BB licensed SwiftKey as the engine for the BB10 keyboard and again to move the keyboard to their Android phones. It's also the reason that BB can't offer the BB10-style keyboard on non-BB-branded phones - the license has restrictions.
    Good news though. BlackBerry is soon to release its own keyboard sans-Swiftkey.
    Byrese, Bbnivende and elfabio80 like this.
    01-10-19 05:53 PM
    When you guys say "The iPhone VKB" are you referring to the stock one? Or swiftkey/Gboard etc...

Cause I think the stock one is nothing short of horrible.

BB's VKB blows it out of the water in my book.
    01-10-19 07:23 PM
    That's interesting. I guess the licensing costs don't work well at the volumes they're doing these days.
    01-11-19 07:58 PM
    That's interesting. I guess the licensing costs don't work well at the volumes they're doing these days.
    OR, they wish to be able to add it to their suite for additional revenue.
    Jake2826 and herbersh like this.
    01-11-19 08:02 PM
    Does that mean word predictions and suggestions will become as rubbish as an iPhone??
    I reckon the current BlackBerry Android keyboard is brilliant??
    01-12-19 01:12 AM
    I will be needing a new VKB phone in 2019, but can't find an upgrade to my Motion!!
    S9 is the closest, but battery doesn't come close to the Motion.
    Same with the Nokia.
    Pixel 3 has great camera (less important than battery) but no SD storage.
    And I can't do without the BB VKB!!
    I can wait to see what the Galaxy S10 looks like, but if it doesn't have a better battery, I'm not interested.
    Note 9 is a possibility, but prefer the size of the S9.
    I'm not holding my breath for a Motion 2, but I can wish.
    What to do?

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    Samsung S9 or S9+ if you want more screen and battery. Beautiful build quality, best screens on the market, exceptional cameras. Put BlackBerry HUB Suite, BlackBerry VKB and even BlackBerry Launcher if you like. It will exceed everything you like about your Motion and receive Pie and One UI this month. You can probably pick one up for 400-500 on a sale as the S10 nears. Samsung also has KNOX and a DR card slot. Not to mention an excellent reputation for all touch Android devices starting @ the S4. For an all touch my S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade. 😁
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-12-19 02:03 AM
    Samsung S9 or S9+ if you want more screen and battery. Beautiful build quality, best screens on the market, exceptional cameras. Put BlackBerry HUB Suite, BlackBerry VKB and even BlackBerry Launcher if you like. It will exceed everything you like about your Motion and receive Pie and One UI this month. You can probably pick one up for 400-500 on a sale as the S10 nears. Samsung also has KNOX and a DR card slot. Not to mention an excellent reputation for all touch Android devices starting @ the S4. For an all touch my S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade. 😁
    Then you haven't experienced the BlackBerry Evolve which gives me all that ( exclude dr slot ) at half the price....
    01-12-19 04:43 AM
    Then you haven't experienced the BlackBerry Evolve which gives me all that ( exclude dr slot ) at half the price....
    Lol, I doubt your Evolve has a Camera or Display any where close to what a Galaxy S9 has

Let alone all the other things an S9 offers.

Let's keep this realistic, the Evolve is a decent device.
    01-12-19 04:59 AM
    Lol, I doubt your Evolve has a Camera or Display any where close to what a Galaxy S9 has

Let alone all the other things an S9 offers.

Let's keep this realistic, the Evolve is a decent device.
    This is the part I never understand.... You "doubt" ...just go check and what other things? Why not explain in full ?

the s 9 has a 3000 mah battery , a 12 mp main camera and a 8 mp selfie camera

Evolve has 4000 mah battery, 13 mp main and 16 mp selfie

Sure the S9 has a better screen and has more LTE bands but the Evolve is restricted to certain geographical locations. Both have fingerprint scanners and facial recognition

Both have 4 gb ram and 64 gb internal storage ( s9 also comes in 128/256 gb)

Main difference is the price so let's get real...
    Last edited by Amaroni; 01-12-19 at 05:17 AM.
    01-12-19 05:07 AM
    This is the part I never understand.... You "doubt" ...just go check and what other things? Why not explain in full ?
    We'd be here all day if we went through the other things.

- DeX
    - Fast Wireless Charging
    - IP68 Water & Dust Resistance
    - Faster Memory
    - Far more Powerful CPU and GPU

The list goes on and on.
    01-12-19 05:11 AM
    We'd be here all day if we went through the other things.

- DeX
    - Fast Wireless Charging
    - IP68 Water & Dust Resistance
    - Faster Memory
    - Far more Powerful CPU and GPU

The list goes on and on.
    Read previous post
    01-12-19 05:17 AM
    Read previous post
    Lol, you are comparing Camera megapixels which mean nothing, the S9 camera has a larger sensor, it has a far better camera than an Evolve.

The S9 has faster UFS memory meaning it can run much faster, the size of memory maybe the same but the Memory chips are of different quality.

Let's not forget again:

IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
    Fast Wireless Charging
    Samsung DeX
    Better Display (Super AMOLED 1440P panel)
    Faster CPU and GPU
    01-12-19 05:21 AM
    Lol, you are comparing Camera megapixels which mean nothing, the S9 camera has a larger sensor, it has a far better camera than an Evolve.

The S9 has faster UFS memory meaning it can run much faster, the size of memory maybe the same but the Memory chips are of different quality.

Let's not forget again:

IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
    Fast Wireless Charging
    Samsung DeX
    Better Display (Super AMOLED 1440P panel)
    Faster CPU and GPU
    Your original post specifically mentioned the camera.

There is no doubt the S9 has a better specification , it also commands a higher price. My objection to your comment was simply that you stated that the S9 was a better device without explaining why.

I stated that the Evolve "provides me with all that " and for me it does. It also provides me something the S9 can never do which is Blackberry security.

Unless you are now going to question the superiority of the BlackBerry security software.

Looking at the whole package , including price, specifications and software , it is my opinion that I use a better device.

You are of course entitled to your opinion....
    01-12-19 05:33 AM
    Your original post specifically mentioned the camera.

There is no doubt the S9 has a better specification , it also commands a higher price. My objection to your comment was simply that you stated that the S9 was a better device without explaining why.

I stated that the Evolve "provides me with all that " and for me it does. It also provides me something the S9 can never do which is Blackberry security.

Unless you are now going to question the superiority of the BlackBerry security software.

Looking at the whole package , including price, specifications and software , it is my opinion that I use a better device.

You are of course entitled to your opinion....
    I'm glad you believe you use the better device, all the power to you mate

As long as you are happy with your choice.
    01-12-19 05:36 AM
    I'm glad you believe you use the better device, all the power to you mate

As long as you are happy with your choice.
    I am ....it's a Blackberry
    01-12-19 05:45 AM
    Does that mean word predictions and suggestions will become as rubbish as an iPhone??
    I reckon the current BlackBerry Android keyboard is brilliant??
    I'm sure it will be better, if anything.
    01-12-19 05:55 AM
    S9 is interesting, but doesn't have the battery of the Motion. Curious to see what the S10 has.
    Still would prefer a Motion 2 😔
    01-12-19 05:57 AM
    So what is keeping you from keeping your Motion? I have a Motion too, and I would keep it for another couple years. It will receive security updates for another two years as well.
    01-12-19 08:20 AM
    S9 is interesting, but doesn't have the battery of the Motion. Curious to see what the S10 has.
    Still would prefer a Motion 2
    Samsung typically doesn't put large batteries in their standard models, it's quite a shame as it's the one thing they are missing.

I believe their upcoming Mseries may feature 5000mAh batteries though.
    01-12-19 03:59 PM
    Samsung typically doesn't put large batteries in their standard models, it's quite a shame as it's the one thing they are missing.

I believe their upcoming Mseries may feature 5000mAh batteries though.
    Yeah I seem to remember Samsung having an issue with exploding batteries.... Maybe that has something to do with it ....oh and the Motion and Evolve run 4000 mHa batteries ...
    01-12-19 04:09 PM
    Yeah I seem to remember Samsung having an issue with exploding batteries.... Maybe that has something to do with it ....oh and the Motion and Evolve run 4000 mHa batteries ...
    4000mah is typical with the Chinese OEMs. Have a 4200mAh in my Mate 20 Pro, I think Mr. Mobile was the one who said it gives the best battery life he has ever had on a phone, and hes a big BB fan.

Hopefully Samsung will start putting +4000mah batteries in more phones as they did in the Note9.
    01-12-19 04:14 PM
    4000mah is typical with the Chinese OEMs. Have a 4200mAh in my Mate 20 Pro, I think Mr. Mobile was the one who said it gives the best battery life he has ever had on a phone, and hes a big BB fan.

Hopefully Samsung will start putting +4000mah batteries in more phones as they did in the Note9.
    Given the specifications you mentioned for the S9 , the only real thing missing is the battery size and you have that with the Mate Pro 20 ....so I guess you visit Crackberry because you love the witty banter .....
    01-12-19 04:35 PM
    Given the specifications you mentioned for the S9 , the only real thing missing is the battery size and you have that with the Mate Pro 20 ....so I guess you visit Crackberry because you love the witty banter .....
    Absolutely love it.

Used to own a 8910 Curve and Q10 actually, wasn't as active back then, would just come here for tips and tricks, but I like how engaging the discussions are here.
    01-12-19 04:37 PM
    OR, they wish to be able to add it to their suite for additional revenue.
    And if they do a great job, I'll gladly pay. As we who subscribe to the BlackBerry Suite already do. It's about time!

Lots if Android slabs = lots of potential VKB customers.

It's refreshing someone at BlackBerry Ltd FINALLY saw a business case for this.
    01-12-19 05:46 PM
139 ... 23456