I will be needing a new VKB phone in 2019, but can't find an upgrade to my Motion!!
    S9 is the closest, but battery doesn't come close to the Motion.
    Same with the Nokia.
    Pixel 3 has great camera (less important than battery) but no SD storage.
    And I can't do without the BB VKB!!
    I can wait to see what the Galaxy S10 looks like, but if it doesn't have a better battery, I'm not interested.
    Note 9 is a possibility, but prefer the size of the S9.
    I'm not holding my breath for a Motion 2, but I can wish.
    What to do?

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-27-18 08:43 PM
    The BlackBerry vkb can be installed on any Android phone. I also liked having the SD card on my berries, but I'm using a Pixel 2 XL 128 and have come nowhere near filling it.
    jamesharmeling and chain13 like this.
    12-27-18 08:48 PM
    The BlackBerry vkb can be installed on any Android phone. I also liked having the SD card on my berries, but I'm using a Pixel 2 XL 128 and have come nowhere near filling it.
    I probably don't need more than 128 either, but I like taking the SD card out of one phone and putting it into another when I change phones. The one in my Motion came out of my Dtek60. The one in my Dtek60 used to be in the Dtek50 that I sold. MUCH easier than copying all that stuff!!
    I also put the SD card into an adapter once in a while to transfer all to my computer.
    12-27-18 08:57 PM
    I don't disagree that it is easier with an sd card. Moving away from BlackBerry, I knew there would be compromise, but it is what it is. I also gained a fast phone and an amazing camera.
    12-27-18 09:29 PM
    I'd check out a Mate 20 Pro or even a P20 Pro if you an find one. Huawei has the BEST battery life for phones (minus the Keyone maybe). You'll also get a great camera with both. The only downside is EMUI. I like it but not everybody does.
    12-27-18 09:56 PM
    I'd check out a Mate 20 Pro or even a P20 Pro if you an find one. Huawei has the BEST battery life for phones (minus the Keyone maybe). You'll also get a great camera with both. The only downside is EMUI. I like it but not everybody does.
    I read that the president is going to ban Huawei phones.
    12-27-18 11:20 PM
    I read that the president is going to ban Huawei phones.
    You can't buy them in stores but you can online via ebay or swappa. I have a Mate 9 too. Works great!
    12-27-18 11:29 PM
    12-27-18 11:47 PM
    Rumours of a Pixel Lite in Spring 2019. If it's for real it will be an interesting new option for those who value security updates in a midrange device.
    12-28-18 12:09 AM
    I will be needing a new VKB phone in 2019, but can't find an upgrade to my Motion!!
    Same with the Nokia.
    I can wait to see what the Galaxy S10 looks like, but if it doesn't have a better battery, I'm not interested.
    What to do?

You have purchased two Dteks and a Motion . I have no suggestions for a similar replacement device. You walk alone.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    12-28-18 01:12 AM
    I'm going to go off the board here and recommend a BlackBerry Key 2 or KEY 2 LE.

I know you want a full touch screen device but I do think a lot of users forget how good a physical keyboard is.

A few friends of mine who all bought the Priv devices loved them and loved the screen keyboard. They loved the Android etc.

Fast forward to the Key series and a few of them LOVE LOVE the Key 2. They want their physical keyboards. They want their shortcuts. It's a different vibe.

I'm not a big Android guy myself so I am still on BlackBerry 10 but a lot of people have said good things about the Key 2.

Either way, good luck and I hope you stick with the BlackBerry family!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 01:41 AM
    I have OnePlus 6. Nice phone. 6T has better battery, so good option.
    Moreover with OnePlus launcher plus BB Hub I had the closest experience to BB10's hub on any phone including my KeyOne.
    OnePlus?
    12-28-18 04:26 AM
    I'm going to go off the board here and recommend a BlackBerry Key 2 or KEY 2 LE.

I know you want a full touch screen device but I do think a lot of users forget how good a physical keyboard is.

A few friends of mine who all bought the Priv devices loved them and loved the screen keyboard. They loved the Android etc.

Fast forward to the Key series and a few of them LOVE LOVE the Key 2. They want their physical keyboards. They want their shortcuts. It's a different vibe.

I'm not a big Android guy myself so I am still on BlackBerry 10 but a lot of people have said good things about the Key 2.

Either way, good luck and I hope you stick with the BlackBerry family!

Posted via CB10
    I haven't forgotten how good the BB keyboard is. I loved my 9000 and Q10. Sadly, age and arthritis have caught up with me, and I can't type for long on a keyboard. Otherwise I would buy a Key 2 in a heartbeat. I got a classic in a trade, but had to trade it for the Dtek50, got used to Android, and so on.
    I've loved my Berries for many years, and would like to stay!!!

curves2000 and elfabio80 like this.
    12-28-18 05:30 AM
    You have purchased two Dteks and a Motion . I have no suggestions for a similar replacement device. You walk alone.
    I've been walking alone among my friends for 10 years!! LOL 😂
    (PS. Only purchased Dtek60. Other 2 were trades).
    12-28-18 05:36 AM
    OnePlus?
    No SD
    12-28-18 06:05 AM
    When looking for myself recently, I checked out the LG V40 ThinQ with AT&T for WFC and VoLTE support. Perhaps carrier version (for whoever you’re on) would offer BOGO deal that initially got my attention.
    12-28-18 06:40 AM
    Sorry, but what is VKB phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 12:36 PM
    Sorry, but what is VKB phone?

Posted via CB10
    Slab device or Virtual Keyboard as compared to Physical Keyboard
    12-28-18 12:37 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 12:46 PM
    12-28-18 04:17 PM
    I've been walking alone among my friends for 10 years!! LOL 😂
    (PS. Only purchased Dtek60. Other 2 were trades).
    Lol
    12-28-18 04:45 PM
    Same with the Nokia.
    What to do?

GSM Arena and punch in your requirements to their find a phone search engine. Works great to narrow down the choice.
    12-28-18 05:09 PM
    I'd stay away from Huawei. The recent talk about Chinese Spyware is not a joke.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    12-28-18 05:13 PM
    I'd stay away from Huawei. The recent talk about Chinese Spyware is not a joke.
    Really?! Its hard to tell what's what now days but I've heard rebuttal tech ppl say it's not a big deal. Besides, whats huawei doing that different then Google?
    12-28-18 06:05 PM
    I haven't forgotten how good the BB keyboard is. I loved my 9000 and Q10. Sadly, age and arthritis have caught up with me, and I can't type for long on a keyboard. Otherwise I would buy a Key 2 in a heartbeat. I got a classic in a trade, but had to trade it for the Dtek50, got used to Android, and so on.
    I've loved my Berries for many years, and would like to stay!!!

Depending how long you want to wait in 2019, you could give it some time and see if there will be a successor to the Motion. That is if you can would stick with BlackBerry android devices.
    12-28-18 06:05 PM
139 123 ...