Recorded a lecture the other day and told a girl I would email it to her over my Berry, taking advantage of the moment to show off my phone. However once I try to do it i find the voice note is too long to be sent through the phone. Is there a way to extract the file onto my PC where it could then be mailed or something similar to this? I really need to mail this thing...
    04-12-09 01:16 PM
    Cant you just copy if from your phone to your computer like any other file??
    04-12-09 01:21 PM
    Recorded a lecture the other day and told a girl I would email it to her over my Berry, taking advantage of the moment to show off my phone. However once I try to do it i find the voice note is too long to be sent through the phone. Is there a way to extract the file onto my PC where it could then be mailed or something similar to this? I really need to mail this thing...
    I am assuming you have a media card installed to your device. Save the voice note onto the sd card. Then plug in your device>my computer>D drive>BlackBerry>voice notes> then drag and drop onto your desktop. Then email it to her from the computer.
    04-12-09 01:37 PM
    No problem, pity about the size limits when totally mobile.

Connect to a computer and use the file manger to copy your file. It will be in the folder Voicenotes folder.

Attach the file to an email that your friend will receive on a computer.

If your ISP imposes file limits, you may have to upload it to a shared file website and send her a link.

Better still, FTP it to your blog or site, she will come to you.
    04-12-09 01:38 PM
    hahaha-crackberry is becoming useful for a lot more things other than bb user tips....
    04-12-09 03:15 PM
    She must be cute if you're going to this kinda trouble

Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-12-09 at 04:49 PM. Reason: content moderation
    04-12-09 03:21 PM
    I would follow Reed's advice and if its too large a file for email you can upload the file to rapidshare.com and send her the link.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-12-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: content moderation
    04-12-09 03:36 PM
    No need. Everybody knows that all Blackberry users .... Excluding the women.
    Lets be honest. I've owned a storm for about a week and already I feel as if I'm the geekiest person I know. After all the different tweaks and actually begining to enjoy messing about with the settings.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-12-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: content moderation
    04-12-09 03:36 PM
    Gotta score them points, eh?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 04:47 PM
    How does this impress her? But you do have some tactful resourcefulness points in your pile now.
    04-12-09 05:26 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

most women aren't impressed by phones.

04-12-09 05:45 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.
    04-12-09 05:56 PM
    Well, that being said, I met my first GF when she asked me about my (back then) brand new Nokia 6630.

04-12-09 05:58 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

What impresses you?
    04-12-09 06:01 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

lol that just made my day!

and it's true.
    04-12-09 06:04 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

*LOL* So you don't want to "click" my Storm???
    04-12-09 08:00 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

Haha, I knew it! Now, I wonder if the OP knows it haha .
    04-12-09 08:08 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

It's not about the device. It's about what he's sending.
    04-12-09 08:11 PM
    *LOL* So you don't want to "click" my Storm???
    Hey in the Verizon Storm commercial, the voice over (John Krasinski from the office) says I touched it and it moved, or something like that. I'm just saying...
    04-12-09 08:13 PM
    It's not about the device. It's about what he's sending.
    Really?

...taking advantage of the moment to show off my phone....
    Seems he wants to show it off . However, I don't think it will impress many(if any) women out there.
    04-12-09 08:15 PM
    you guys are seeing what you want to see, maybe he means impress her by providing the information to her, rather than the functionality of his phone. Btw, i record my biology lecture everyweek and send it to my friends, i impress them too, everytime they recieve that information they are so thankful.

SO you have recorded it on your storm, it will be in .amr format when you transfer it onto your computer, next step is converting it to .mp3,
    here is a converter http://www.amrtomp3converter.com/amr...rter_setup.exe that you can use. The only thing is that if it is a long recording it may take up more than 50mb, dont worry there is a way around it, just upload it to a file hosting service such as speedyshare. send her the link and tell her to download it to her computer, in 10 mins max she will have the whole recording. Voila, next thing you do is brush up on your humor, do some research if you dont know any jokes, and next time you see her dont stop making her laugh. Most girls will like a guy if they can make them laugh even if they arent that attractive. VOila.
    04-12-09 08:24 PM
    Honestly, not only do women not care about what kind of phone you have but you'll probably come off bad if you try to show off your phone.

This is a true story: A few weeks back I was out at a club and there was a guy with a really old Nokia phone (don't remember the model). It was all busted up, battery had to be taped so it wouldn't fall off, and he had the cap of a pen taped to his phone because he had to use it to reset his phone...This guy got the attention of more women than 90% of the guys at the club with his phone.

I wish I'd taken a pic.
    04-12-09 10:45 PM
    Helpful tip of the day:

I'm going to have to agree with that one. Although my girlfriend says "oh that's so cool" or "I wish my phone could do that" I know in her head she's thinking "PUT DOWN THE PHONE FOR 5 MINUTES" lol

04-13-09 08:30 AM
    ... ......
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-13-09 at 10:12 AM. Reason: content moderation
    04-13-09 08:36 AM
    you guys are seeing what you want to see, maybe he means impress her by providing the information to her, rather than the functionality of his phone. Btw, i record my biology lecture everyweek and send it to my friends, i impress them too, everytime they recieve that information they are so thankful.

....... Voila, next thing you do is brush up on your humor, do some research if you dont know any jokes, and next time you see her dont stop making her laugh. Most girls will like a guy if they can make them laugh even if they arent that attractive. VOila.
    My response last night was a little abrupt........ I completely agree with the above.

a. she will be impressed by the gesture, and the effort you put into getting the information to her. The actual phone? eh. and

b. word up on the humor advice. So so true
    04-13-09 08:37 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD