I have jail broken my iPad and installed the paid version of ibluever, but I can't seem to get the two to connect. I have read all 9 pages of the thread about tethering with ibluever...but something is not working right. After reading the discussions it appears that it is better to not incorporate planet.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 08:07 AM
    I got my 3rd gen iTouch to connect to my Tmo 9700 with the following settings:
    PIN code: 0000 (BB will promt you to enter this upon connecting)
    Access Point: internet2.voicestream.com
    Dial number: *99#
    Account: guest
    Password: guest
    Chat script: (create the custom script) IPCP_NAK 1000
    Authentication "on"
    Sniff mode "on"
    Wait for SDP "on"
    IP address blank
    Router blank
    Primary DNS: 130.240.3.1
    Secondary DNS: 130.240.19.2

With these settings iBluever confirms that the iTouch is connected to my BB, however I can't get any internet/network required programs (such as safari) to run. I get the message that I need to be connected to a WIFI or 3G network. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing?
    09-03-10 11:48 AM
    Anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing?
    You're using an Apple product in a way it was not designed to run.
    09-03-10 06:59 PM
    I got my iTouch full internet access w/ iBluever. All I did is use the apn epc.T-mobile.com, dial #: *99#, user, pass are gprs. And I editted a script by added what was suggested by the pop up. Which was: IPCP_NAK 1000. Now my iPod touch is practically an iPhone. I can use iCall for calls, textfree for sms (w/ a free #) and all my apps work any time I have signal. Not only that, but the bluetooth tether consumes so minimal power that I can go a full day tethering.. No problem I believe that the iPad can use the same settings and get you internet access.

09-03-10 08:35 PM
    You're using an Apple product SNIP!
    That's really all that needs to be said!
    09-03-10 09:18 PM
    I got my iTouch full internet access w/ iBluever. All I did is use the apn epc.T-mobile.com, dial #: *99#, user, pass are gprs. And I editted a script by added what was suggested by the pop up. Which was: IPCP_NAK 1000. Now my iPod touch is practically an iPhone. I can use iCall for calls, textfree for sms (w/ a free #) and all my apps work any time I have signal. Not only that, but the bluetooth tether consumes so minimal power that I can go a full day tethering.. No problem I believe that the iPad can use the same settings and get you internet access.

These settings do the same for me. iBluever confirms that I am connected, but none of my online iTouch apps work. Not even Safari.
    Are there are other settings you didn't mention?
    09-07-10 11:24 PM
    I will try these tomorrow...I took the Moto Charm for a 2 week test drive. Cool phone, terrible battery life (even with the extended battery)

Returned the Charm...

BACK ON THE BERRY!
    09-08-10 11:07 PM
    Any updates here?
    09-11-10 11:43 PM
    Not yet

09-12-10 08:35 PM
    You need to download pda net for the blackberry
    09-13-10 12:02 AM
    Oops...forgot to mention that I already have PDAnet installed. still doesnt work.
    09-13-10 01:22 PM
    hmm.. In your bluetooth options have you disabled dial-up networking?

09-13-10 09:18 PM
    Figured it out last night. I forgot that I had re-enabled Dial Up Network (DUN) in the bluetooth settings a while back.

Here are all my settings that now let me connect my 3rd Gen iTouch (OS 4.0) to my BB 9700 (OS 5.0.0.862)...

iTouch WiFi: off
    iTouch Bluetooth: off
    BB bluetooth: on
    BB DUN (in bluetooth options): un-checked
    PDAnet (on BB): on
    iBluever: on

iBluever settings:
    PIN code: 0000 (BB will promt you to enter this upon connecting)
    Access Point: internet2.voicestream.com
    Dial number: *99#
    Account: GPRS
    Password: GPRS
    Chat script (create the custom script): IPCP_NAK 1000
    Authentication "off"
    Sniff mode "off"
    Wait for SDP "off"
    IP address blank
    Router blank
    Primary DNS: blank
    Secondary DNS: blank
    09-14-10 09:53 AM
    Update iBluever through Cydia (unintentially) after an iTouch restore, now my settings don't work. Anyone have updated settings?
    10-14-10 02:25 PM
    Figured it out last night. I forgot that I had re-enabled Dial Up Network (DUN) in the bluetooth settings a while back.

Here are all my settings that now let me connect my 3rd Gen iTouch (OS 4.0) to my BB 9700 (OS 5.0.0.862)...

iTouch WiFi: off
    iTouch Bluetooth: off
    BB bluetooth: on
    how can you connect if the blue tooth on the iTouch is off?

10-14-10 03:30 PM
    Turn bluetooth on and you'll be able to connect. Pretty obvious. Lol

10-14-10 09:34 PM
    iBluever has a built in notification that tells you the built-in Bluetooth can NOT be active in order for iBluever to work.
    Can we get some input from people who have actually ran/installed the program?
    If you read all the postings of this thread you can see that I had iBluever running with no problems (post #13) on my 3rd Gen iTouch, but after accidentally updating the program I can no longer get the prior settings to work.
    I need actual help, not just random advice that is not relevant to the program or it's functioning/settings.
    10-14-10 11:17 PM
    Don't mind Rootbrain. He posts just to post, regardless of if he knows the correct answer. Bluetooth on the iPod needs to be OFF.

Using your settings from post #13 (with authentication and SDP on), I was able to successfully tether my T-Mob 9700 and iPod Touch 4G.

Try the settings you posted + turn authentication and SDP on and see if that works.
    02-17-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD