ok so im new to this site, im sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything but to the best of my knowledge it is not
    i have searched many threads to find a solution for my problem but while many of them describe the same symptoms, none of the solutions have had any effect on my bb bold

here is the deal:

some how sms was deleted off my phone
    so i updated the os for the first time
    everything was working fine
    problem solved... for now
    then i wanted some new games, so in desktop manager i checked the boxes for solitair and texas hold'em as well as a few others
    they were ALL from bb.com so i dont think my problem is from 3rd party software like viruses or something

then, the BB went into this loop of reebooting itself
    that was last night, so i tookt he battery out
    now when i woke up this morning, the screen is black and the led light is flashing
    it flashes once, then 4 more times quickley
    so 5 times in total

i have tried the forum how to revive a dead blackberry and it didnt work
    i have had no luck with bb desktop and adding a new os
    deleting the vendor file and doing the whole command prompt thing didnt work either
    i got the message that it was unable to connect when i used app loader

i have done 7 hours of research and looking around trying to fix this
    i need my phone back up and running asap if thats even possible anymore

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

PROBLEM HAS YET TO BE SOLVED
    09-01-09 04:05 PM
    Help! Please Any1
    09-01-09 04:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

I assume you are referring to this information.

The good news is, there is nothing you can do in software, that can not be undone with this technique.

Lets review the basics. You have downloaded and installed the Bold 9000 Device OS software, then entered in the commands at the correct place.

Which version of Microsoft Windows are you using?

Did you get an error message, or was their some indication of why it failed?

09-01-09 04:24 PM
    hi thanks for the reply!!!

sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you

my problem has yet to be fixed, i am running windows vista at the moment
    however i have access to windows xp if need be

and u were right in assuming that was the instructions i had tried to follow but to no success

the message was that the app loader was unable to connect to the BB
    after the command prompt, i use the application loader wizard and it gets stuck at
    "connecting to device, (ARM)"
    and ya... it stays there and nothing happends unless i let it sit there for like an hour in which case i get the cannot connect message

i tried many times, clicking next at different times during the process

but nothing has worked

im still stuck with my BB bold which is just flashing at me.... not quite what i want for spending that kinda money

any ideas would be helpful

im not totally computer illiterate however this is a new area to me so i may need some things explaining in depth

i understood the guide that you refered me to, however it has yet to provide me with results

assuring me that all software problems can be fixed does allow me to relax somewhat tho

thank you for your help in this
    Last edited by DESPERATE_FER_HELP; 09-01-09 at 09:50 PM. Reason: add more
    09-01-09 09:38 PM
    i have been trouble shooting for 8 hours today, im going to call it a night now
    anyone with ideas plz post, ill be back online first thing in the morning to check and hopefully make some progress

thank you all
    09-01-09 09:40 PM
    Either Windows Vista or XP is fine, just a matter of ruling out one of the earlier verision or a non-Windows OS.

The issue is failure to connect to the USB port. Once you get that, you are home free.

BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB problems.

View Document

With a bit of luck, something here will apply.
    09-01-09 10:07 PM
    i tried most of that stuff this morning after seeing your reply (thank you for your help on this btw)
    yet nothing seems to be having an affect

i happy that u seem to think once this problem is solved im the the clear
    i still have the cannot connect problem
    if i look into my computer i dont see the blackberry registered there
    however when i unplug it and plug in back in via usb i hear the high and low pitch bing from the computer and it says blackbarry smartphone detected and installing drivers for device

but desktop manager as well as app loader cannot connect to the device

i live locally in Waterloo with rim, i was thinking if i cant do this myself i would just take it in there
    i know a few ppl who work there with them

of course it would be much better if i was able to sort this out by myself

09-02-09 08:23 AM
    i went through that whole link you posted me
    and nothing worked....

any other ideas?

if there is any1 good with blackberry's around waterloo ontario i would definately pay you to fix this for me in a williams or something
    09-02-09 09:41 AM
    You are in the right place, the World largest concentration of BlackBerry geeks are right there in Waterloo Ontario, the home of Research in Motion.

I have to admit, I am stumped. Your device is being recognized by Windows Vista, the native BlackBerry drivers are installed, it should be connected.

09-02-09 09:50 AM
    i agree, there seems to be nothing i can do to fix it

your not a black berry techy locally r u ? hahah

ive made a add on kajiji now paying for help
    im very desperate

is there anything else u might suggest?
    09-02-09 10:08 AM
    Return it to Rogers, it should be covered under your one year warranty.

09-02-09 11:49 AM
    yah its not tho

im taking it to a local techy shop today
    09-03-09 09:53 AM
    Quick thought regarding this. If the issues is the connection/not being recognized via USB would it be worth trying it on the XP computer that you have access to?

If this has been already tried I appologize, one of the first things I try when troubleshooting devices is see if it will work on another system.
    09-03-09 10:18 AM
    alright, met this girl, got her phone number, talked for 2 days, last night i promised her i could fix her blackberry that died while texting me, she came over, i spent 4 hours trying everything to get the damn thing to work, fought and fought with it, she ended up spending the night, hoping i could fix it in the morning, i spent an hour after we woke up, only getting closer to a result

after finding out my paychecks didnt come in @ work, i decided i would spend as much time as it took to get it working, i dont know what i did but the phone would not respond anymore, nothing, i thought it had gotten worse, i left it plugged into my pc for a while, and it booted up, into the loading screen( yes it was dead to the point where i saw every error mentioned)

it sat in the loading screen forever, but i dont know if the phone reconized me trying to boot in safe mode with escape key or what, BUT IT LOADED, FULLY, the battery was dead, is charging now, phone was reset like it should have been, and its been 15min still charging, i have to still remove battery, insert sim, and test that it will work, im hoping to return it to her in an hour, last night before i fell asleep i muttered i love you, she heard it, i didnt mean to say it but she was cold the rest of the night and wouldnt let me touch her even tho we were just cuddling, im hoping she still uses the phone to text me now that its fixed

THANKS CRACKBERRY!
    08-03-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD