Hello all,

I just got the BB Curve 8530 a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it...but I do not love some of the pre-loaded stuff. I do not need ICQ, MSN, YAHOO, BB IM, Pandora, etc....I want to take them off but when I connect to PC to do so..poof they are not on the list to add/remove apps. Can someone tell me how to get these off?

04-27-10 01:21 PM
    They are not actually installed on the phone, those are just links to install them over the air.

You can't get rid of them so the best thing to do is create a folder called Junk, put them in there and hide the folder.
    04-27-10 01:25 PM
    Have you tried to remove them from the applications under options on your device?
    04-27-10 01:25 PM
    yes, I have tried to remove them through the options. someone else posted they cannot be removed. What's the point of forcing them on there? I don't need the NFL and Nascar...no offense! I only use IM Plus for Skype so I do not need all the IM stuff.
    Last edited by aimeeben; 04-27-10 at 01:34 PM.
    04-27-10 01:29 PM
    Like what was said above, they are not the program just a quick link to download them if you want them that are sent from your carrier and RIM. The best advice is what Radius said, to put them all in a folder called "Junk" or "useless apps" or something and then hide that folder.
    04-27-10 01:33 PM
    but that doesn't free up onboard memory...why do they force this?
    04-27-10 01:37 PM
    They take up almost no memory at all. If you actually removed them you would probably not even see your free memory status move at all.

It is a non issue, just hide them.
    04-27-10 01:40 PM
    Thanks y'all! I appreciate the help!
    04-27-10 01:54 PM