Right i currently have a BB 9700 i love the phone and think it is amazing, BUT and it is a very BIG but! I work as a football coach so always outside, and the TOUCHPAD reacts to the sunlight and with scroll around madley!

I dont know what i can do and what there is to do!

My Options:

1) is there a way to fix it?

2) Get a new phone which i then need help on....

is the BB 8520 using the same TRACKPAD as 9700 and will i have the same problems?

or should i just go 4 the 8900 which works perfectly as had be4 the 9700?

thanks
    05-08-10 03:34 PM
    Right i currently have a BB 9700 i love the phone and think it is amazing, BUT and it is a very BIG but! I work as a football coach so always outside, and the TOUCHPAD reacts to the sunlight and with scroll around madley!

I dont know what i can do and what there is to do!

My Options:

1) is there a way to fix it?

2) Get a new phone which i then need help on....

is the BB 8520 using the same TRACKPAD as 9700 and will i have the same problems?

or should i just go 4 the 8900 which works perfectly as had be4 the 9700?

thanks
    Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the trackpad? The 8520 uses the same trackpad I believe. The 8900 has the infamous trackball issue so I'm not sure if that is a long term viable solution either. Also,, have you tried locking the phone? Adjusting the sensitivity or locking the phone should bring some relief I would think.
    05-08-10 03:51 PM
    Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the trackpad? The 8520 uses the same trackpad I believe. The 8900 has the infamous trackball issue so I'm not sure if that is a long term viable solution either. Also,, have you tried locking the phone? Adjusting the sensitivity or locking the phone should bring some relief I would think.
    Its wen u actually are outdoors and the light shines on it... while u are typing a message it moves around so you have to keep moveing the curser! and then u end up having to have a thumb over the track pad?
    05-08-10 03:56 PM
    I have read quite a few issues with the trackpad while out in sunlight or it just doing it at random times. I have had my 9700 for 4 months and never had an issue, rather in the sun or whatever.

Maybe get a replacement as these have 1 year warranties on them or if you have it insured, you should be able to get a replacement.

Or these is a thread somewhere on here about some kid put a piece of tape or something rather to help stop it and it works, but opening up your phone like that will void your warranty.

I would try getting a replacement first and if it does it again, then go a different route.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD