I purchased an unlocked phone off ebay, to replace an At&t phone I had lost last week. I updated the 4.5 software, went to upload the blackberry world app and noticed that I didn't have a browser besides medianet. Now my issue is that I don't get my emails or my BB messages, I talked to tech support and they went thru the ups and downs, telling me my phone wasn't supported by At&t. I looking at a smartphone right now that isn't giving me it's full potential, as it sports the lower case edge. Is this a lost cause or is there a fix that i'm just missing. Oh, it's a pearl 8100.
    05-08-09 08:01 PM
    Login here, and resend your service books:

BlackBerry Internet Service

Also, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, Enter, Menu, Register Now.
    05-08-09 08:07 PM
    I'm not getting the message for the HRT
    05-08-09 08:41 PM
    What kind of phone are you replacing with the BB?

Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with AT&T?
    05-08-09 08:44 PM
    Did you enter the details (IMEI, PIN) on the AT&T BIS website and remove your old phone info?

If the BIS setup is good it sounds like your phone might have a banned PIN. This is not unusual with eBay phones, more than a few are stolen and barred. You could call AT&T and get them to check the phone's status with RIM.

If it is blocked I hope you used Paypal. Raise a dispute and get your money back.
    05-08-09 09:50 PM
    So there is no way to "un" barr a barred IMEI ?
    09-26-09 04:09 AM
    So there is no way to "un" barr a barred IMEI ?
    If the IMEI is banned then it's banned for a good reason. Like a stolen device. So they won't just let you use it.

If somehow you got your hands on one through eBay you're really out of luck. The best you can do is sell it in China.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD