I have a friend at work who got a Curve 8330 yesterday from Alltel. I have Nav4all on my Pearl and it works great, voice and all. I tried to install it onto his Curve and it keeps giving errors, like trying to find device, or saying it needs bluetooth device. Am I doing something wrong as far as the set up for his phone? I cant imagine why the set up would be any different from my Pearl.....

I went into options, advanced option, gps, and have it set to "Device GPS". Is there anything else I should do?
    07-30-08 12:36 PM
    This may not be of much help but I just got a new Curve 8330 2 days ago and I see the same thing with Nav4All. I also have tried AmazeGPS, SpeedOmeter, GPS Display, GPSed, Google Maps and the default BB Maps programs and none will aquire. I called US Cell support. They said they couldn't fix it over the phone and sent me to the local store technician who kinda gave me a dumb look and said he couldn't do anything and sent me to RIM support. RIM wanted a credit card to talk so I call the business support line for US Cell. One minute later they're sending me a new Curve overnight.
    07-30-08 12:50 PM
    I have read somewhere that the GPS on the alltel curves was deactivated and that some kind of trial nave program would enable it and if you cancel the subscription it would leave the GPS active. Hopefully someone who did it will chime in. Just run a search on this forum.
    07-30-08 01:02 PM
    I did search. I read for an hour hear at work. Still can't find my answer.
    07-30-08 01:49 PM
    I did search. I read for an hour hear at work. Still can't find my answer.
    Read this:http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/google-maps-gps-55915/
    07-30-08 07:00 PM
    im having the exact same problem with my 8330, ive been looking for an answer for the past week and still nothing
    07-31-08 07:17 AM
    Yeah mine is doing the same thing, I have a freedom 2000 and it worked with it before, I had to delete the nav4all from a past non Nav... problem. So when I recently reinstalled I get the cant find a gps error.
    I too have no trouble connecting to google maps or BB maps with the bluetooth puck

My thoughts are they must have made an update and screwed it up.
    07-31-08 07:26 AM
    Yeah mine is doing the same thing, I have a freedom 2000 and it worked with it before, I had to delete the nav4all from a past non Nav... problem. So when I recently reinstalled I get the cant find a gps error.
    I too have no trouble connecting to google maps or BB maps with the bluetooth puck

My thoughts are they must have made an update and screwed it up.
    same here, i don't even have trouble connecting to google or bbmaps with out a bluetooth puck (don't even know what that is). i even e-mailed nav4all support and it's been a few days without a response.
    07-31-08 09:14 AM
    So basically the internal GPS does not work on his Alltel Curve like it does on my Pearl, which both phones were purchased a week apart from the same Alltel dealer, and there seems to be absolutely no reason why.......

He really wanted that to work because he and some of biker group members were heading out from NC to CO last night for a week long ride. I showed him how the nav4all on my phone was working, (GREAT), with voice directions, and he went out and
    bought the Curve, out of contract for $400!!!!

It would have been nice if he could have used the Nav4all for this trip with his (graciously provided) headphones under his helmet for the voice commands.

STILL LOVIN' MY PEARL!
    07-31-08 11:11 AM
    I just downloaded Nav4All last night to my curve, which is on US Cellular. At first, it would not work. I removed BB Maps, and it is working just fine now. Have him try that and see what happens.
    07-31-08 11:48 AM
    was it giving the same error message before you deleted blackberry maps?
    07-31-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD