hi there, i have a problem with my blackberry 8520 curve after updating my blackberry app world i can't find the icon so that i can use it already. i already deleted it then reboot my device then re-installing it for how many times, but i still can't find the icon of blackberry app world kindly help me please. thank you so much
    05-16-11 09:25 AM
    Have you check your folders? Make sure it's not in your applications, or one of your other folders. Also make sure you have not accidently hidden it. Press the BB button, and select Show All, THEN look again and you may find it as a grey icon and if so select it and then press the BB button and select unhide.
    n2r_kim27 likes this.
    05-16-11 09:32 AM
    yes i'm sure i did not hide it, actually i just tried re-installing it right now, still the icon doesn't pops up
    05-16-11 09:56 AM
    Ok after you install it, try the following, do an HRT, then Send Service Books, then do a reboot. For the HRT, go to the Options Wrench, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the BB button and select Register Now. Then from either your home screen or your Setup Folder find the Email Setup icon, sign on to your email settings, then press the BB Button and select Service Books, then Send Service Books. Finally, pull the battery to reboot your BB.
    n2r_kim27 likes this.
    05-16-11 10:16 AM
    thank you, i'll try this...i hope it will work
    05-16-11 11:29 AM
    After that our next option is a complete OS wipe and reinstall, it's rather extreme, but I'm not sure what else we can try at this point.
    05-16-11 11:31 AM
    im on the HRT already and after pressing the bb button theres no register appeared how is that possible
    05-16-11 11:33 AM
    i already think that could be the problem at this point, maybe if i change my OS it will all run smoothly again, i shouldn't accepted the update button earlier
    05-16-11 11:35 AM
    You went to Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing?

Yea sounds like you might have a corrupt OS install. I think the best bet would be to use Desktop Manager and to get the latest OS installed on to your device that way.
    05-16-11 11:40 AM
    sir pkcable, just finished all the steps that you told me to do, i hope this will work please please please ...praying
    05-16-11 11:48 AM
    rebooting my device right now
    05-16-11 11:48 AM
    the application is installed but the icon still doesn't pops up
    05-16-11 11:51 AM
    I'm summoning more help
    05-16-11 12:23 PM
    Hi n2r_kim27,
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you can, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

May I know please:
    1. What is your current OS?
    2. What were the previous OS's involved when this occurred?
    3. What browser do you use on your PC: IE, FF, or Chrome?
    4. Did the issue first occur when updating the app or the OS?
    05-16-11 12:40 PM
    BlackBerry App World now in the Philippines | YugaTech | Philippines, Technology News & Reviews

March 24, 2010
    BlackBerry App World now in the Philippines ...
    The OP has not provided a location, ISP service is based in The Philippines.

05-16-11 05:28 PM
    The OP has not provided a location, ISP service is based in The Philippines.
    Thanks, Reed! I was wondering exactly that.
    Doing my Sherlock Holmes impression, I was guessing the OP was in Korea just because of the "Kim" in their username, having nothing else to go on...

Anyway, explains the delay in response. It's just getting to morning over there.
    05-16-11 06:36 PM
    Besides App World, another GREAT place to get apps is the CrackBerry/Mobihand App Store, which has a BlackBerry SuperStore you can download.....

BlackBerry Superstore - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    05-16-11 06:41 PM
    I have a same problem with my blackberry 8520 i .. after i download a custom theme i cant read a messages, my settings folder are missing that why i cant change my current theme to my previous theme.. when i open the options folder on my home sscreen its just black csreen appear.. i already show all the icon but i still cant find the other icons there are lots of bugs when i open some folder, has freeze page.. dont know what to do. i cant use my bb phones for 2 days help pls!!
    10-30-13 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD