I took the Docs to go app off of my berry, well I wanted to put it back on and when I went into the app loader in the DM, it only gives me the list of apps that are on my berry at the moment.

How do I go about finding the Docs to go app?, does it matter that I have deleted the vendor xl file?, I have a update OS that I havent put on my berry yet.

Thanks
    07-12-09 10:35 AM
    The easiest way is to install the os you have on your device onto your PC, open DM, then open apploader and select add/remove applications - the box on the right, scroll down the list of apps and put a check in the box next to Docs To Go, select next.
    The more difficult way is to install the OS upgrade - and make sure you have D2G selected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:26 PM
    I know how to load apps from DM to BB, the problem I am having is when I go into app loader the apps it shows is what is on the BB, that's it.

07-13-09 07:01 AM
    There are two stages to the Application Loader connection.

The first stage is to read the current installed software from the device. Second, it reads the current installed software from your computer.

The error you are getting means it has not found a valid OS for your BlackBerry.

You have installed an OS package and you belive you have removed the security file vendor.xml.

The vendor.xml file is created fresh each time you run the OS install software. Most likley, it has been recreated since you last deleted it.

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete vendor.xml, again.

If that still does not work, it is possible there are hidden copies of vendor.xml that are still active. Use Advanced Search, including system and hidden directories to root them out.
    07-13-09 11:21 AM
    I had the same problem so I went to blackberry to get my os it then took me to Verizon and I down loaded my os there then I ran the app loaded found my program and installed it

07-13-09 11:46 AM
    I went to the BB site and update my app loader, I am going to update my DM to the 5.0 later. So I will see if that fixes the problem.

I did a search of all my files on my computer and it didn't find any other vendor XL files. I don't think I did a advance search so I will have to try it again to see if that will find any hidden files.
    Last edited by nascarfan49; 07-16-09 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Left something out
    07-16-09 01:40 PM
    Well I have fixed my problem, I did a OS update, and that is what fixed it.
    Thanks for the replys and help

07-16-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD