I went to this site on my 8130 Pearl today and somehow ended up with a "Trooper Typing" icon on my home screen. I can't delete it through the 'application' route...how do I get rid of this icon? HELP.
    07-08-08 05:46 PM
    07-08-08 05:52 PM
    I've read on another thread that this cannt be deleted. Its something that verizon has put on your phone. I could possibly be wrong. You might want to try looking through the threads to see it.
    07-08-08 05:52 PM
    If you're sure you didn't download anything, you can try a battery pull, then see if you can delete it off of the Applications menu... Seems pretty sketchy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 05:53 PM
    I went to this site on my 8130 Pearl today and somehow ended up with a "Trooper Typing" icon on my home screen. I can't delete it through the 'application' route...how do I get rid of this icon? HELP.
    You're not alone. A quick search pulled up these threads regarding trooper typing. If I'm not mistaken, the icon is placed on your phone via a service book from Verizon. The last time I checked, the only way to get rid of it was none; just hide the icon. I am not sure at this time if a 100% removal has been found.

trooper typing icon on homescreen

REVIEW: Trooper Typing

SPAM on your BB: Trooper Typing

Trooper Typing Icon

07-08-08 06:01 PM
    I never noticed Trooper Typing until I switched themes, and selected show all icons.
    07-08-08 06:05 PM
    It keeps appearing on my phone also. I keep deleating the service books for it but it reappears every few days. If anyone finds a better solution please let us know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:19 PM
    There are several threads on this icon...

Apparently, it is some sort of software Verizon is putting on their Pearls which teaches Suretype. Research it a bit... People are none too happy about it.
    07-08-08 06:25 PM
    Just saw the other threads. F'ed up! What are service books that were mentioned to delete? Not sure where to find these.
    07-08-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD