Hi guys,

I need your assistance in trying to convince my employer to alter their IT policy and allow us to access company email through Blend. As it currently stands, we are only able to see personal emails, BBMs and SMS messages. I don't understand the hesitation of allowing corporate emails to be viewed/responded to through Blend, but they keep saying that they are looking into and it has not been tested yet.

Do you guys have a compelling argument that will help expedite this process?
    07-09-15 09:23 AM
    As is usually the case, if you can show them that the benefits outweigh the costs, they might bite. One of the languages of management is money. I work on projects and no matter the arguments, it is the cost-benefit analysis that managers want to see.

As an aside, your avatar now have me yearning for a couple of Juici Beef patties!!!
    07-09-15 09:30 AM
    I can't even get BlackBerry Blend on my work computer because IT has locked down installation of any programs.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:42 AM
    I can't even get BlackBerry Blend on my work computer because IT has locked down installation of any programs.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I always criticized about blend. Not only does it require an installation, but it also needs to install/add a network connection. Zero chance of that ever happening at work.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:57 AM
    Blend for work requires a subscription service. I don't think it requires any additional installs though since it piggybacks the existing MDS connection.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:48 PM
    Hi guys,

I need your assistance in trying to convince my employer to alter their IT policy and allow us to access company email through Blend. As it currently stands, we are only able to see personal emails, BBMs and SMS messages. I don't understand the hesitation of allowing corporate emails to be viewed/responded to through Blend, but they keep saying that they are looking into and it has not been tested yet.

Do you guys have a compelling argument that will help expedite this process?
    Not really, as their reasons are their reasons. You can talk with them and if you can come up with a situation where it is truly a better way to access you corporate email, then maybe they'll listen.

But even I kinda question how it would be better than using a stand alone program like desktop Outlook that has many more features and capabilities than the BB10 email client.
    07-09-15 01:09 PM
    Blend for work requires a subscription service. I don't think it requires any additional installs though since it piggybacks the existing MDS connection.

Posted via CB10
    No it does not require a subscription. It only requires a tick box in the BES IT Policy.
    07-09-15 01:20 PM
    As is usually the case, if you can show them that the benefits outweigh the costs, they might bite. One of the languages of management is money. I work on projects and no matter the arguments, it is the cost-benefit analysis that managers want to see.

As an aside, your avatar now have me yearning for a couple of Juici Beef patties!!!
    Thanks for reminding me. I did try and play the productivity gains we would obtain when we don't have instant access to our phone and even if we forget it somewhere, we would be able to access it through Blend and respond. Normally, if any of my colleagues forget their smartphone, they will go home and get it. And I went on to say that Blackberry is all about security, so what additional risk is imposed by allowing us access to our work emails through Blend? If our device is stolen/lost, is access to our company data at more risk? We would wipe the device, so access through Blend creates no additional risk (there is nothing to see). Unfortunately, more and more of my colleagues are moving to iPhone, so there is less attention and demand for support for Blackberrys. So it is likely not on their immediate radar. If more people new about some of these great features, it may make them move quicker, but that is a guess on my part.

So KemKev ... are you from Jamaica? Juici Beef is my favourite place to eat patties and will always go there when I can. The Juici beef patties they have here in Canada don't taste that good unfortunately.
    07-09-15 02:56 PM
    Thanks for reminding me. I did try and play the productivity gains we would obtain when we don't have instant access to our phone and even if we forget it somewhere, we would be able to access it through Blend and respond. Normally, if any of my colleagues forget their smartphone, they will go home and get it. And I went on to say that Blackberry is all about security, so what additional risk is imposed by allowing us access to our work emails through Blend? If our device is stolen/lost, is access to our company data at more risk? We would wipe the device, so access through Blend creates no additional risk (there is nothing to see). Unfortunately, more and more of my colleagues are moving to iPhone, so there is less attention and demand for support for Blackberrys. So it is likely not on their immediate radar. If more people new about some of these great features, it may make them move quicker, but that is a guess on my part.

So KemKev ... are you from Jamaica? Juici Beef is my favourite place to eat patties and will always go there when I can. The Juici beef patties they have here in Canada don't taste that good unfortunately.
    Blend is another means of communications... is it a risk, I doubt it... but sometimes IT errors on the side of caution.

If you have a computer to run Blend on... don't you have your corporate email on that? Really don't see how leaving your phone at home would be a productivity issue for the email as you should have access there at work.

In the stolen/lost case.. Blend make no difference... unless someone figures out how to force a connection via Wi-Fi. Again I HIGHLY doubt that is possible, but not sure how you prove that to be true other than to say it's a BlackBerry feature and they are all about security.

Best bet... maybe take the IT guy out for some Juici Beef and ask nice.
    07-09-15 03:18 PM
    Accessing the work space is usually an extra payment for blend I think.
    07-09-15 09:22 PM
    No it does not require a subscription. It only requires a tick box in the BES IT Policy.
    https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60862-001

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:14 PM
    Something ELSE they sell that isn't required:

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SRV-00015-173

Again a Blend license is not a requirement. All you need is a couple of tick boxes and BlackBerry Work Drives. A Free app in App Wold.
    07-10-15 02:59 AM
    Something ELSE they sell that isn't required:

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SRV-00015-173

Again a Blend license is not a requirement. All you need is a couple of tick boxes and BlackBerry Work Drives. A Free app in App Wold.
    So if it isn't required then what does purchasing the license add? Or is it a situation of you must purchase the license according to terms of use, but it works even if you do not (you just are violating terms)?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:40 AM
    So if it isn't required then what does purchasing the license add? Or is it a situation of you must purchase the license according to terms of use, but it works even if you do not (you just are violating terms)?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they will eliminate the Work Drives app in the future and require the Blend license. As of now it's not required to access the work space on Blend.
    07-10-15 03:23 PM
    You have to remember that you are not the only one making requests to IT and things take time to get tested and approved.
    07-11-15 10:23 AM
    They said they are testing it. Give them time. Business IT departments have a lot more responsibility than a consumer.

Posted via Z30
    07-11-15 10:41 AM