I just got my first BB. It's a Curve 8320. At home, I have AT&T U-verse internet service with wifi. When I tried to connect to the wifi, the BB detected the network, but when I tried to connect to it, the BB gives me a PIN and tells me to enter it into the device I'm trying to connect to. What do I do? Where do I enter this PIN? Keep in mind I'm not talking about the WEP key that I'm supposed to enter into the BB. It never lets me get that far. Has anyone else encountered this?
    12-03-10 10:02 AM
    I think that the answer is within the AT&T website under "tutorials". also they can walk you through the process with their interactive technical service process.
    12-03-10 10:12 AM
    The PIN that the BlackBerry gives you needs to be entered on your router.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-03-10 11:39 AM
    The PIN that the BlackBerry gives you needs to be entered on your router.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    But how do you enter something on your router? There's no keypad or screen. This is not a network I set up myself with a store-bought router. This is AT&T U-Verse with it's own modem that broadcasts a wifi signal. The normal process is to detect the network and then enter the WEP key on the device that you're connecting (laptop, XBox, etc.).
    12-03-10 11:49 AM
    I think that the answer is within the AT&T website under "tutorials". also they can walk you through the process with their interactive technical service process.
    Thanks, I'll try that. I was just hoping that someone who had encountered this could give me the readers' digest version.
    Last edited by berrynewbie99; 12-03-10 at 12:02 PM.
    12-03-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD