HELP! MY BABY IS DEAD! I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100. I am not sure what company originally made it because I purchased it used. Up until today, it worked perfectly. Now, I'm having a 507 Error pop up when it tries to turn on. This happened during an update that obviously failed. I have tried using tools like JL_Cmder and CrackUtil to wipe it, but nothing is working. My blackberry continuously reboots. I accessed the Application Loader and got it to start but it resets at random times during a fresh OS install and also fails to reconnect during a later step. Any ideas?
    03-03-09 12:23 AM
    HELP! MY BABY IS DEAD! I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100. I am not sure what company originally made it because I purchased it used. Up until today, it worked perfectly. Now, I'm having a 507 Error pop up when it tries to turn on. This happened during an update that obviously failed. I have tried using tools like JL_Cmder and CrackUtil to wipe it, but nothing is working. My blackberry continuously reboots. I accessed the Application Loader and got it to start but it resets at random times during a fresh OS install and also fails to reconnect during a later step. Any ideas?
    And you will find a thread on" how to revive a dead, bricked blackberry" or semi-dead one. I wish I could have directed you to it, but I do not know exactly where it is. This may also help you:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by bpbrown; 03-03-09 at 12:46 AM. Reason: to include a link
    03-03-09 12:42 AM
    i've tried everything from all the threads on this I can find on this site. i don't know what else to do

when i get it to start reinstalling through the application loader, it loads the os, starts working through removing all programs, and starts beeping as if i am rapidly connecting and disconnecting my blackberry around the step called Waiting for Device To Initialize, or something like that.
    Last edited by mrjaward; 03-03-09 at 01:01 AM. Reason: include extra fact
    03-03-09 12:58 AM
    i've tried everything from all the threads on this I can find on this site. i don't know what else to do

when i get it to start reinstalling through the application loader, it loads the os, starts working through removing all programs, and starts beeping as if i am rapidly connecting and disconnecting my blackberry around the step called Waiting for Device To Initialize, or something like that.
    I don't know what is to tell you, maybe this will help it help me once upon a time a long long time ago. I hope that I am not in violation of any forum guidelines by posting an outside link.

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected - Page 63 - PinStack.com
    03-03-09 01:09 AM
    Ummm. bpbrown thank you very much for your assistance. I have successfully restored my blackberry to functional condition. It would appear my problem was nothing more than a very very very stupid user error. I must've picked up the wrong mini-usb cable in my bedroom and was attempting to use that to update my blackberry. I assume that since the steps all went faster and the blackberry stayed connected the entire time now that I used the correct cable that the cable i was using was not supplying sufficient power. I'm feeling a lil bit stupid at the moment, but I guess we all have our days.
    Thanks again.
    -Matt
    03-03-09 01:32 AM
    Ummm. bpbrown thank you very much for your assistance. I have successfully restored my blackberry to functional condition. It would appear my problem was nothing more than a very very very stupid user error. I must've picked up the wrong mini-usb cable in my bedroom and was attempting to use that to update my blackberry. I assume that since the steps all went faster and the blackberry stayed connected the entire time now that I used the correct cable that the cable i was using was not supplying sufficient power. I'm feeling a lil bit stupid at the moment, but I guess we all have our days.
    Thanks again.
    -Matt
    I am happy that you have it up and running again. I know that feeling when the berry is not up to snuff we get a little confused and dazed. It happened to you but you regain your composure and it worked out well.
    03-03-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD