i have a bb 8830 Word Edition From veriZon. i update the 4.2 os to the 4.5. with the 4.2 everything worked, now that i have the os 4.5 i have few problems.
    1. when i hit the menu key menu opens up and i scroll to any item for example calculator, and than i press down on the trackball and instead of opening the calculator, it opens up the menu where it tells you if you want to move, hide,show all, add folder or switch aplication. which it did not do before i update os.
    2. the end key when pressed it does not end the app it just opens up a box with various items. which it did not do with 4.2
    3. when able to open the option menu y can only choose about,owner, media card and voice dialing options.
    When i had 4.2 everything worked like a charm. PLEASE HELP. HOW CAN I FIX THIS ISSUE, also i did not back up the bb before upgrading it to 4.5 os
    I NEED HELP ASAP. THANK YOU...
    01-30-13 11:52 PM
    Running OS4.5 on an 8830 was a bit of a stretch. I finally found a version that worked reasonably well, and was worth it for the additional features, but 4.5 was never as stable or reliable as 4.2 on the 8830. You might want to reinstall the OS. It's possible, though not likely, that you didn't get a good installation. It's more likely that the particular OS you installed just doesn't work well with your phone. Unfortunately I no longer have an 8830 or the OS for it.
    02-01-13 09:13 PM
    Jeffh do you know where i can download the 4.2 os for my device, i have tried looking online n have found a couple of them but when i download them to my pc i cant find them anywhere on the pc, my pc only shows them when i go to the control panel and to the remove program option.. Any suggestions on this issue???
    02-13-13 11:33 PM
    Your browser will download the BlackBerry OS to the location you've specified for downloads. There's nothing special about an OS download, except that it is an exe file. Double-click the exe to install it on your PC. Then you can use the Loader app to install it.
    02-16-13 08:36 AM