I used to have a blackberry 8310. i took alot of pictures & they r saved to my memory card but i cant view them on my pc or my new phone. My blackberry was destroyed which is the reason i got a new phone but my bro-n-law & my nephew both have 8310's. is it possible to put my memory card in one of their phones to decrypt the pics or send them to my email so i can have them on my pc or my new phone? I'll take all the help i can get & it is greatly appreciated!
    11-09-09 08:56 PM
    What exactly happened to your BlackBerry? Is it possible that the media card was damaged?

What error did you get when you tried to read the card in the PC card reader?
    11-09-09 08:58 PM
    If u dropped ur phone in water or got ne kind of water damage while u had ur mem card in it then the card is destroyed.. if not i dunt see why u can put the card into another 8310 and just send the pics to ur email account.
    11-09-09 09:07 PM
    I used to have a blackberry 8310. i took alot of pictures & they r saved to my memory card but i cant view them on my pc or my new phone. My blackberry was destroyed which is the reason i got a new phone but my bro-n-law & my nephew both have 8310's. is it possible to put my memory card in one of their phones to decrypt the pics or send them to my email so i can have them on my pc or my new phone? I'll take all the help i can get & it is greatly appreciated!
    The small memory card can be inserted into any blackberry to view files stored on it. So yes, you can do it.
    11-09-09 09:27 PM
    If the pictures were encrypted on the old phone I'm not sure that they can be decoded on a different phone unless they use the same password?????

Cards themselves can take quite a bit of abuse unless it got fried. They will generally dry out and be useable again.
    11-10-09 12:10 AM
    My memory card wrks jst fine, i have a LG xenon now & it still shows all the pics in the blackberry folder, i jst cant view them cuz they r blackberry format. so hopefully i can put my mem card in another blackberry & send the pics to my email & it will work!
    11-12-09 10:56 PM
    I had my old storm on a password and it encrypted certain files which didnt make sense. When I sold the storm I tried to put them on my computer but they would show up as locked files. Tried another BB but still wouldnt let me so I had to re-format the card. Theres probably some way around but I couldnt figure it out.
    11-12-09 11:04 PM
    You can put your card in a blackberry, plug it into a PC, say yes to mass storage mode, then navagate to the picture folder via MyComputer and drag the photos off the card to a folder on the PC. You can also put the card in a card reader and plug that into a PC with the proper slot and drag them off that as well. The pictures should be jpg's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 11:12 PM
    Card encryption is keyed on the physical phone and not just the password. The only way to decrypt them is to use the phone it was matched with. Thus the reason to make a backup of all of the important files just like any other portable device that can be lost.
    11-13-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD