I got a bold 9000 from a friend of mine but I am sprint. I would like to use this phone as a backup phone until I get my bold 9930. I am wondering can I use the bold 9000 which is for ATT and will I be able to get a SIM card for ATT and use the 9000 on ATT's prepaid service. Or will it not work I heard that it would but I just wounldn't be able to use blackberry things like email and BBM. Any experience doing this or advice on what would help. Thanks Mike
    08-14-11 02:35 AM
    I got a bold 9000 from a friend of mine but I am sprint. I would like to use this phone as a backup phone until I get my bold 9930. I am wondering can I use the bold 9000 which is for ATT and will I be able to get a SIM card for ATT and use the 9000 on ATT's prepaid service. Or will it not work I heard that it would but I just wounldn't be able to use blackberry things like email and BBM. Any experience doing this or advice on what would help. Thanks Mike

If its like the UK then you will be able to use it to call and text but will need the BB add on with ATT for internet and E-Mail

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 05:59 AM
    Ok so basically no BBM and email then without the BB add on?? Just wanna make sure I understood right and so it should work for txts and calls but I just won't have bbm and email basically? Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:07 AM
    Yeah that's correct. As I say that's how it is in the UK and I can't see it being any different in the USA

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 07:33 AM
    Ok well thanks for the help I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD