my blackberry 9530 was stolen and the person who stole it is now using blackberry messenger and still has the same pin. Is there a way to get rim to block this pin from being able to use bis or nuke the berry remotely. Or is there anything i can do? my carrier said they cant do anything since they are using a simcard now but rim could block off the pin but im not sure how.
    01-24-11 07:29 PM
    Call back to your carrier and speak to someone else.

Call and ask for Loyalty & Retention. (Hopefully your carrier has such a department.)
    If someone asks you why, tell them you're extremely displeased and you will only discuss it with Loyalty. Once you do get through, they should be able to tell you what to do. You should tell them you're going to change carriers as soon as you can if this is the kind of support they offer.

If there's no L&R, ask for Security. No Security, ask for a supervisor at least.

Bad circumstances, but welcome to CB nonetheless.
    2 things to ask of you. First is update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. That way someone with the proper expertise can assist you.
    Second is that if you start a thread, please title it in a relevant way. "Need help" is super-generic and tells people nothing. A title like "Someone's using my stolen BB" lets people find you to help you, plus let others needing the same help down the road find your thread with a search.

ANyway, good luck!
    01-24-11 09:43 PM
    I wouldn't stay with a carrier that refuses to help or lies. My two cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 10:17 PM
    Hey Hey

Im under the impression that if you have a desktop manager synched with your pc or mac, that you could be able to disable the device and all pertinent info on that device. Im interested to see if this works remotely, but that is the concensus on the street.
    Also I agree that a 2nd opinion would be helpful from your carrier provider considering RIM and Blackberry are not taking phone calls and would redirect you to your advisor anyways. Are you using a BIS or BES data pack. If its BES they can brick the phone from the admin profile for the network and that phone essentailly becomes a paper weight as well ... Keep us posted and Good luck!!
    01-24-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD