Hello. I need help with my Blackberry. It was working fine one night then i went to bed with it charging. When i woke up it was nothing but a black screen with the key lights going. now when ever i put it on the charger the bottom keys flash. im not sure what to do i think it is the OS but im not sure. i have a small video of what it does if you want it message me cause i cant post it. If you can help that would be great. thank you
    12-29-10 12:45 AM
    Blinking lights sound more like a hardware problem than an OS issue. Has your device been wet? If it hasn't, the procedure to recover a nuked BlackBerry may help. BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    12-29-10 01:00 AM
    no it has never been wet and it was working fine the might before. i tried to redo the os but its not reading with the computer
    12-29-10 02:17 AM
    Did you install any new software or theme before the problem began? If not, it still sounds more like a hardware failure. If you are the original owner and the device is less than a year old, you have a warranty claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 02:27 AM
    no i didnt install anything just put in on the charge and went to sleep. guess im going to verizon tomorrow lol
    12-29-10 02:41 AM
    Just sounds like the phone is completely shot the mother board may be dead or the just crashed. You didnt receive any pictures or anything right? If it was one of the forward messages it is possiable it did contain a virus which I have seen take out phones before.
    12-29-10 06:17 PM
    Just sounds like the phone is completely shot the mother board may be dead or the just crashed. You didnt receive any pictures or anything right? If it was one of the forward messages it is possiable it did contain a virus which I have seen take out phones before.
    There are no known BlackBerry viruses.

I concur with JeffH that it is a hardware failure, and the OP needs to contact the carrier for warranty replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD