Ok so I know we have all been here beofre but I need help. I am new to the Philadephia area and need a good search app for my Tour. Tried Poynt and got no where, Bing is kind of confusing and Google Maps was weak. What do you guys use? I could not even find a laundry mat in Philly using Google maps or Poynt...a shame.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    03-20-10 08:22 AM
    I use bbmaps, google maps, google and vznav

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 08:41 AM
    I am not trying to pick on your spelling since I had to look it up, too. It is spelled:

laundromat

And I just tried it on my Tour with that word and Phila..... and it came up with a large list.

I did not try laundry.
    03-20-10 09:04 AM
    i use VZ Navigator mostly for searches. Does T-Mobile have a GPS app? After that i use Poynt, Google Maps, BB Maps, Where then Garmin Mobile.
    03-20-10 09:08 AM
    I've used poynt on my S2 and aimed it at philly too and also got a decent list looking for a laundromat, and a decent list for laundry as well....

Laundry:
    (whitman cleaners & tailors, joyce custom cleaners, joanne's cleaners, TD alterations)
    Laundromat:
    (same exact list)

I'm not sure what the issue was with poynt on your phone, perhaps it's not picking up the correct location, or perhaps you've got it set to only pull within a certain range, or a few other possible issues..... I'd suggest making sure poynt is as updated as possible, as well as checking your settings, Poynt is what I swear by for locating anything..... (though, I will point out, spelling is the difference between finding something and not finding anything)
    03-20-10 09:44 AM
    Thanks! I am a new user so maybe I will have to figure more out. My coworker selected WHERE...I am guessing BING is out then right?
    03-20-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD