This is my very first post, so be kind if this is in the wrong area.

Basically just what the title says. I'm looking for a convincing text message to send as a reply to make the person texting think they have been blocked from sending messages to my number. I'm using the Auto Text feature as I'd still like to receive their messages, just want them to think I'm not.

Thanks in advance,
    amad
    09-10-10 12:37 AM
    This is my very first post, so be kind if this is in the wrong area.

Basically just what the title says. I'm looking for a convincing text message to send as a reply to make the person texting think they have been blocked from sending messages to my number. I'm using the Auto Text feature as I'd still like to receive their messages, just want them to think I'm not.

Thanks in advance,
    amad
    No answer for that particular dilemma.
    Just out of morbid curiosity, why would anyone continue to send a text to a number that they've been informed is blocked? In my dictionary "blocked" in texting terms means "won't go through".
    09-10-10 12:55 AM
    Well I'd like to receive there messages, but i want them to think they have been blocked. and i know they'll keep txting.
    Jose Diaz9 likes this.
    09-10-10 01:10 AM
    Well I'd like to receive there messages, but i want them to think they have been blocked. and i know they'll keep txting.
    Interesting. Carry on!
    09-10-10 01:24 AM
    I don't think they receive a message when they get blocked, do they? Why not block a friend or have a friend block you and see what, if any message you or they get back saying you're blocked. Then, just copy that message. This doesn't make much sense though since only a moron would keep sending messages to a number they have reason to think is blocked...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 04:20 AM
    ...Why not block a friend or have a friend block you and see what, if any message you or they get back saying you're blocked. Then, just copy that message. ..
    or even just block yourself

then send yourself a message and see if you get a message back saying you're blocked from yourself <rolls around laughin>
    09-10-10 04:53 AM
    I will offer my services to compose this epic missive. My fee is only US$250. I am, however, running a special right now: if you have an orange, or any similarly difficult citrus fruit, I will start peeling it for you at no extra charge. I accept PayPal.

09-10-10 06:10 AM
    I'm pretty sure there is no reply text if you are network blocked.

09-10-10 06:26 AM
    I will offer my services to compose this epic missive. My fee is only US$250. I am, however, running a special right now: if you have an orange, or any similarly difficult citrus fruit, I will start peeling it for you at no extrta charge. I accept PayPal.

Really? What a scam
    Hey, I'm willing to help, I can't do it for $245 ( no citrous special )

I also know this nigerian prince who is willing to help if you hepl him cash some checks againts you bank acount

09-10-10 06:34 AM
    Just simply reply with this:

SMS not delivered, the subscriber you have tried to reach is no longer active.

Ray UM likes this.
    09-10-10 09:03 AM
    Error 23: SMS Not Delivered - Sender blocked by intended recipient

unfortunately, anything you send back will indicate it came from you, and not from the carrier
    09-10-10 10:51 AM
    Why not get a copy of slydial, then call them using the FBI's number as yours (or any police department) and tell them they've become part of an ongoing investigation and to stay home until agents come to visit. Naw, that'd probably break about ten laws, . You ought to just delete and ignore them until they get tired and stop texting you.

09-10-10 11:06 AM
    It sounds like you just broke up with your gf and now wanting to see if she wants you back?
    09-10-10 11:36 AM
    It sounds like you just broke up with your gf and now wanting to see if she wants you back?
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

09-10-10 12:40 PM
    I've recently come upon $123,000,000,000 in unclaimed assets in Swaklabhakia and need an American address to send the payment to. I am willing to split the profits with you. Please send me $4,356 so that we can pay the unlock charge for the money.

Thank you!
    09-10-10 01:43 PM
    error 23: Sms not delivered - sender blocked by intended recipient

unfortunately, anything you send back will indicate it came from you, and not from the carrier
    winnar ! ! ! !

Ray UM likes this.
    09-10-10 01:50 PM
    You either want to know what someone has to say or you don't. Welcome to the adult world.

09-10-10 02:20 PM
    ... Please send me $4,356 so that we can pay the unlock charge for the money.

Thank you!
    Do you take Paypal
    09-10-10 02:21 PM
    "You have reached a SMS address which is no longer in service. If you feel you made this text in error, please recheck your address and try again. *Reply "BUZZOFF" for more details!"
    to boldly go likes this.
    09-10-10 04:46 PM
    You could try emailing a text to the number with an email, or through the web interface. I know with TELUS, the received texts are like 2222 or something.

09-10-10 05:02 PM
    the problem is...
    if you text back using any of the Geniuses' suggestions above..
    your mobile number will still appear as the sender of the text..
    unless your " texter" is gullible enough.. he/she will know it within seconds that it's a FAKE message...

REAL messages from the network usually have 4-5 numbers as their origin..
    now if you can find a way... to do that... then you're good to go..

By the way... are you the one from Craigslist who sold all those Blackberry 9800..
    your customers are still waiting for the delivery of their phones.
    09-10-10 07:28 PM
    I've seen a lot of strange requests on here but at least they made sense. This one doesn't.
    09-10-10 08:55 PM
    yeah I would rather not know what they would have to say...just ignore the messages, they soon will give up..
    djchrisluna likes this.
    09-10-10 11:58 PM
    Now I kinda want to know what kind of messages are being sent to him as well hehe..

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-11-10 01:00 AM
    SERVICE ERROR 305: MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILED. FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
    Or SERVICE ERROR 306: THE SUBSCRIBER YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH HAS DISABLED THEIR SERVICE.
    Or SERVICE ERROR 409: THE SUBSCRIBER YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH HAS BLOCKED INCOMING TEXT MESSAGES FROM THIS NUMBER.
    Hope these help for anyone..not just the person who submitted the comment or whatever! This was just put for the heck of it!
    12-09-12 11:20 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD