Hi there,

havent checked in on the blackberry scene in a while since I got my nexus 5 in december. Its alright but I mean... I was led to believe android is the closest phone to a PC. Yet there's no decent file system like BB OS7 even wtf? I like my nexus for the screen dont get me wrong but apart from skype and email that dont need bb data i dont get any advantage over my old os7 bold. nearly everything i do on my phone except when im at home watching tv/movies is browsing and typing, emails, that sort of stuff. android/touchscreen isnt good for that, i prefer typing on this n5 a lot more than previous smaller touchscreens but i still make a crapper lot more mistakes than when i was on my blackberry. if they can bring out a new line of phones less like this BB10 wannabe android/iOS competitor and more like an upgraded OS7 and upgraded bolds I would buy a new blackberry. dont even care about "apps" i want functionality from my phone. i also think if blackberry did this and made a clear dent in the phone market appealing to the niche who want a very resourceful phone over a gimmicky one they would have more respect and more likely for at least major apps to offer a BB one.

people will respect a niche business-based phone, not a wannabe fail android competitor.
    02-02-14 04:26 PM
    What are you talking about. I have a sg4 and now am looking to get a BlackBerry since the app gap is now closed. I also understand security and what BlackBerry brings to the table.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-02-14 04:31 PM
    What are you talking about. I have a sg4 and now am looking to get a BlackBerry since the app gap is now closed. I also understand security and what BlackBerry brings to the table.

Posted via CB10
    The app gap closed?
    02-02-14 04:31 PM
    Yet there's no decent file system like BB OS7 even wtf?
    Could you elaborate? OR did you mean file browser?
    02-02-14 04:42 PM
    File system/browser. In android theres just "Downloads". On BB I had my documents, my pictures, etc.
    02-02-14 04:46 PM
    File system/browser. In android theres just "Downloads". On BB I had my documents, my pictures, etc.
    Bb10 got decent file system, try your hands on z30, or q10, with latest OS and you can download app from amazon, it should meet most of your needs. (so the grass is not greener on the other side of the hill? Or you just have buyer 's remorse? )

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:13 PM
    I'm not unhappy or anything with my N5 really because overall it's like I need an android and a BB, but I just don't want a BB10. I want something more like a Bold but with skype and wifi email too, and app support. BB10 OS doesn't appeal to me for other reasons.
    02-02-14 05:37 PM
    I have used both OS7 and BB10 excessively and for me, there is no way back. As regards this topic, all has already been said in countless other threads. Bottom line is, each and every human being has his own taste and thus his own needs and preferences. What suits your needs best must not necessarily do so for other people and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    02-02-14 05:38 PM
    The app gap closed?
    With 10.2.1 you can directly access Google play with Snap, 1 mobile market etc on your phone

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:50 PM
    I'm not unhappy or anything with my N5 really because overall it's like I need an android and a BB, but I just don't want a BB10. I want something more like a Bold but with skype and wifi email too, and app support. BB10 OS doesn't appeal to me for other reasons.
    I'm a bit confused.

The Q10 is exactly like a bold but with Skype, wifi email and app support.

Also the BlackBerry 10 file system is pretty fantastic with integrated box, dropbox, remote file access and copy/paste/move, zip/unzip, etc.

Problem solved?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    02-02-14 05:55 PM
    Dude get a BB10 device . BBOS7 is extinct.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:56 PM
    The app gap closed?
    Oh god, don't start that again.
    02-02-14 06:00 PM
    with the new release of BB10.2.1 there are alot of legacy devices features rolled in with the power of an OS coded outside of Java. while BBOS has some great features like push e mail and data compression i have not missed my 9900 in the least i am completly and totlly happy with my Z10 and i've been looking for a Z30 on kijiji as a bargin bin price
    02-02-14 06:03 PM
    I take offence to the assertion that BlackBerry 10 is an Android or iOS wannabe. Have you even seen BB10? It's nothing like the competition. The others are built on an app launcher philosophy with multitasking as an afterthought. In BlackBerry 10, the home screen us actually the active task list. Multitasking in the foundational philosophy of the OS. Not launching apps. It is truly built to keep you moving. Having used all the BBOS releases from 4 through to 7.1 and all the BB10 releases from 10.0 to 10.2.1 I can say I can't imagine going back to 7. If people prefer 7 let them stick with that, but 10 is where it's at

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    02-02-14 06:24 PM
    If you would like more pc-like filesystem functionality on your Android device, install Astro file manager.

Not trying to step on Blackberry here, go ahead and use that if you like. If it doesn't give you what you need, there are options...

I think Astro is amazing - full file browser functionality (folders, copy/cut/paste), access to network files and shares, integration with box/dropbox/google drive etc - It's a very very powerful tool and might be what you're looking for.
    21stNow likes this.
    02-02-14 06:45 PM
    I take offence to the assertion that BlackBerry 10 is an Android or iOS wannabe. Have you even seen BB10? It's nothing like the competition. The others are built on an app launcher philosophy with multitasking as an afterthought. In BlackBerry 10, the home screen us actually the active task list. Multitasking in the foundational philosophy of the OS. Not launching apps. It is truly built to keep you moving. Having used all the BBOS releases from 4 through to 7.1 and all the BB10 releases from 10.0 to 10.2.1 I can say I can't imagine going back to 7. If people prefer 7 let them stick with that, but 10 is where it's at

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    He really needs to put his money where his mouth is and just buy a damn BB10 device. You can't judge what you haven't tried even if you tried it in demo mode.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-02-14 06:46 PM
    I'm a bit confused.

The Q10 is exactly like a bold but with Skype, wifi email and app support.

Also the BlackBerry 10 file system is pretty fantastic with integrated box, dropbox, remote file access and copy/paste/move, zip/unzip, etc.

Problem solved?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    What this man says is truth.

If you don't want to, or just can't, come back to BB with BB10, then I like ESFileExplorer for Android. It has some funny gesture thing that I actually like using i.e. make a D shape from the gesture point and it opens documents. I use it on my Playbook. But on my Q10 it is not needed. The file manager is very well done. How many platforms can you say have a great file manager with cloud integration and also remote access to any computer file system that you have registered your phone with Link to? Try out ES and try out a BB10 device when you get a chance. It really is business first then pleasure second.
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 02-02-14 at 07:19 PM.
    dusdal likes this.
    02-02-14 06:49 PM
    Good example of "to each their own"..... best is what is best for you.... comparisons of any smartphone is utterly useless....
    acovey likes this.
    02-02-14 06:58 PM
    I saw the thread title...clicked on thread expecting to see something that BB did that was careless--only to realise that this is just another of a myriad of threads complaining about virtually none-existent things/things that have already been said ad nausea...OP listen if you want to return just do so, no one is going to get mad if infact we will welcome you with open arms. Yes I see you peering over the fence with longing. Come on back and use the front door--its open
    milo53, Mecca EL, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-02-14 06:59 PM
    There's a plethora of file browsers on Google Play that have what you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:05 PM
    I know myself, it was a learning curve moving to BB10. I have been strictly on Blackberry since they first came out.

I used my Q10 for about 2 months and was getting used to it. I picked up my 9900 to fool around on looking for pictures and it drove me nuts right away. The 9900 is a nice phone, but after getting used to BB10 I could never go back. For me it is way faster then using the scroll button.

I would give it an honest effort before dumping on it.

Posted from my Q10....
    02-02-14 07:56 PM
    Myself, I've never understood all the learning curve concerns with BB10? It's no different than getting any other brand new tech item you've never used before. Honestly, it took me a few hours to master. A better example is this photo of my daughter who turned two last week. She can navigate to her games on my wife's Z10. As seen here, she can open FastTube and watch "Yo Gabba Gabba". This is without any help from anyone. "BB10-It's Just That Easy"

Need blackberry to stop being careless-img_20140202_193656.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-03-14 at 09:58 AM.
    02-02-14 08:19 PM