Ok ive gotten annoyed with the prediction and correction on the BlackBerry Keyboard app of my Key1. Even on the Weak setting the spell check keeps changing words that I have typed correctly. So I disabled it altogether.

But now Ive also lost grammar correction, which I miss (hence all my bad punctuation in this post). So what id like is a default keyboard app or spell checker that separates spelling and grammar. Ideally I would still get the red underlines for misspelled words (without autocorrect) but my punctuation could still be corrected as I type. Does such an app exist? Thanks!
    09-12-19 06:39 AM
    Ok ive gotten annoyed with the prediction and correction on the BlackBerry Keyboard app of my Key1. Even on the Weak setting the spell check keeps changing words that I have typed correctly. So I disabled it altogether.

But now Ive also lost grammar correction, which I miss (hence all my bad punctuation in this post). So what id like is a default keyboard app or spell checker that separates spelling and grammar. Ideally I would still get the red underlines for misspelled words (without autocorrect) but my punctuation could still be corrected as I type. Does such an app exist? Thanks!
    G-Board or SwiftKey from Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 06:49 AM
    Well SwiftKey is off the table. The "quick period" function doesn't work with the pkb. I checked the support page and the issue was brought up in 2017 and never addressed. And apparently holding down a letter doesn't auto-capitalize... it causes reppppppppetition or àsks ffffffffffør ą ďïfferent language. Off to try Gboard. 😬
    09-12-19 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry VKB software would be fine if it we were in 2007.
    09-12-19 08:55 AM
    Well SwiftKey is off the table. The "quick period" function doesn't work with the pkb. I checked the support page and the issue was brought up in 2017 and never addressed. And apparently holding down a letter doesn't auto-capitalize... it causes reppppppppetition or àsks ffffffffffør ą ďïfferent language. Off to try Gboard. 😬
    Yyyyyou could also revert back to an older version of BB Keyboard if you want to keep the swipe up gestures.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 09:46 AM