Hello all,

I myself have only ever ordered a few items from ShopBlackberry and other than a Playbook delay in shipping, everything has gone smoothly.

A friend of mine and hardcore Blackberry fan recently bought the Priv at launch in Canada. Tried it out for a few weeks and made the decision that Android and the Priv weren't for him.
    He sent back the phone within the required time frame of 30 days. A few weeks later he gets a call from FedEx indicating his package has arrived. He does a lot of shipping with FedEx so he was shocked to see his Priv shipped back.

Apparently it was sent back from US customs due to it being a "radio product" and needing some special code for radio frequencies.

He proceeded to call SBB once again and they promised to send a pre-paid envelope with all the proper information for return shipping etc etc.

He just got a call saying his package was again returned by SBB. We are now past the 30 day mark here and he asked me if I knew a method to contact Blackberry directly since he wants to lodge a complaint.

His phone calls aren't getting returned and his emails don't appear to be either. This is borderline fraud in my opinion.

Like I said before, I am fully aware of some of the horror stories regarding SBB in the past but those have mostly been to product launches and devices getting delivered late. I really can't recall ever seeing any posts where a client has been unable to actually return a device.

My SBB experience has been fine and his in the past has been good too. In fact he's done 2 different device exchanges with them in the past with zero issues.

Does anyone have any assistance or tips you can provide?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 08:35 PM
    this is why bb customer service is complete sweaty arse crack nothing is ever easy. if he has proper documentation and dates of what went on i suggest you file a complaint with the better business bureau. first time shame on you but the second time if you had all the paperwork right then shame on bb.
    01-18-16 09:22 PM
    Apparently it was sent back from US customs due to it being a "radio product" and needing some special code for radio frequencies.
    That BS, I have returned a Passport via mail that I paid myself. It was within the return period. The package never returned to me. I'm Canadian.
    So saying the border needed some special code is BS. Something is fishy.

Within 2 weeks, I have received an e-mail for SBB saying my refund was on its way
    01-20-16 06:27 AM
    It is probably because he was shipping via Fedex on his corporate account and didn't have the proper paperwork. If you go to a fedex depot in person, they will give you the proper paperwork for shipping across the border and make sure it is filled out correctly so it will cross the border.

I had done an express exchange on a PlayBook a few years back and BlackBerry sent the return box and the customs paperwork so there were no problems. Since the Shop BlackBerry Priv was a return, I guess it is the responsibility of the shipper to ensure the phone makes it across the border.

Another Buyer Beware in regards to Shop Blackberry is their terms of sale state they reserve the right to leave returned items at customs if they get stuck there and not refund the money. This may be more in regards to refusing delivery than customer initiated returns.
    01-20-16 07:39 AM
    "Another Buyer Beware in regards to Shop Blackberry is their terms of sale state they reserve the right to leave returned items at customs if they get stuck there and not refund the money. This may be more in regards to refusing delivery than customer initiated returns."
    Yes, I've seen that when I returned my first pp. Kind of scary
    01-20-16 09:53 AM