I received this email from [email protected] with the subject action required: update password!

Update the password for [email protected] in the Blackberry Internet Service! Email messages from [email protected] are not being delivered to your Blackberry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for [email protected] in the Blackberry Internet Service:

1. Open your Blackberry Internet Service account by completing one of the following actions:

* Click the email setup application on your device.
    *Using a browser on your computer, visit the Blackberry Internet Servive web site.

2. Go to the Email Accounts page.
    3. Edit
    [email protected]
    4. Update the Password field.
    5. Click Save.

Email Account Information:
    [email protected]
    Email Account Name:
    [email protected]

--Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email--

I apologize in advance if something similar has already been posted. I read a few other posts about people having problems with their email as well. I noticed last week that I didn't receive every email on my BB that I received in outlook. My questions to you are, is this legit? Has anyone else received this email? If so, should i reset my password through BB.com or on my device. Also, if I do that will I'll have to change it with my email provider and outlook right? I think thats all my questions. I thought I'd run it by you fine folks before changing anything. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    10-26-08 12:34 PM
    Did you change your pasword to any of your email accounts that you have pushed to your device? This is a legitimate email the BIS will send you when it can no longer access your account.
    10-26-08 12:58 PM
    I occasionally get this message when my work email server goes down. I simply log on to my BIS and reenter the password and things are fine again, assuming the mail server is back up.
    10-26-08 01:01 PM
    Did you change your pasword to any of your email accounts that you have pushed to your device? This is a legitimate email the BIS will send you when it can no longer access your account.
    No I did not change the password.
    10-26-08 01:51 PM
    I have only recieved this message after I changed my password on a yahoo account, however, if you update it with VZWs BIS site, you don't have to worry about security issues, site is secure.
    10-26-08 01:56 PM
    I get this email when my work server goes down. I wait for a bit, log into my BIS account and validate my info and all is okay. If you are on BIS, then go log in and validate the email account. If it I'd BES, then I don't know, because I have never used BES

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 03:06 PM
    This is a legitimate message from a RIM server which is unable to collect your internet emails from your mailbox and forward to your phone. Most likely the server had a few failed attempts so it *thinks* the stored password is wrong, or it invalidated the password as a security measure after some failures to reach your ISP mailbox. This can happen if your ISP server is unreachable for some reason when the Blackberry server tried to check for mail.

You need to reset your password for the mail account **on the phone provider's Blackberry server** Your mailbox at ISP is unchanged, simply the BlackBerry server needs to reconfirm the password to access your mail.

There is no security risk involved in this, the instructions appear correct and you already did the same procedure to the same (VZW?) Blackberry server when you setup email.
    10-26-08 04:37 PM
    I am having this same issue, but every day. I have no problem by going to the vzw bb site and simply reentering my password, and then my work email is fine for the day. However the next morning, the process starts again. Anybody have any ideas? Do you think that my work server like "resets" each night so bb thinks it is shutting down? Any thoughts on how I can change this or do something about it?

-colkb
    11-08-08 07:59 AM
    I just received that email as well. For email accounts from email such as MSN you have to renew your password every 90 days. With gmail and yahoo you don't have to. So re-enter your password and expect to do it again in 90 days

11-08-08 11:47 AM
    WTH... my wife received this message on her phone today. I don't know what her user name is. how do I find it?
    Last edited by dirtyharrywk; 11-18-08 at 06:46 PM.
    11-18-08 06:07 PM
    mine is doing it every day also, only from my work account. I will retype the password and it works for about 1 min. and then won't work again. I have received the same e-mail 3 days in a row now. Nothing seems to work.
    01-18-09 08:35 PM
    I am having the same issue with my bb curve 8800, this is only happening with my work email. The administrator of the exchange server says that no one else is having this issue. Every night at midnight, I get an email stating that my account needs to be validated. I am not changing my password and there is no issue with the email server. I am able to connect to our web based email no problem. The major issue is that no one else has this problem and there are other users that use different carriers so I know it' not a carrier issue since most of the users are using verizon.

Any help would be great.

I have opened a tkt with Verizon and BB.
    09-16-09 01:37 PM
    For Bell where do I log in to update my password?
    10-05-09 07:39 PM
    For Bell where do I log in to update my password?
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    10-05-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks ...
    10-05-09 09:50 PM
    Sorry, I know I'm late on this thread, but I am having similar problems. It is my work email that keeps requiring me to validate the password. I do, it accepts it and then shortly thereafter sends me another email saying that it needs to be validated. There are no problems with my work server and I have not changed my password (nor am I required to by my work). I tried to go online through Blackberry to validate it, but it says that I cannot and I need to use my device to validate it! I'm thinking that I am unable to log in online because I have a refurbished phone (gotten after my puppy ate my other one), as I have used the online service to validate other accounts (with the original phone).

Any ideas/thoughts? I tried deleting the account on the phone, but now I am unable to put it back on because it <shock> can't validate the password.
    01-10-10 04:19 AM
    Just for the heck of it have work change your password and then try the new one. This might just get you fixed up. Refurb phone should not matter.

01-10-10 04:28 AM
    I just received that email as well. For email accounts from email such as MSN you have to renew your password every 90 days. With gmail and yahoo you don't have to. So re-enter your password and expect to do it again in 90 days

Tell your network admins you are having this issue. It's very possible that if this happens religiously every night at the same times, that the admins have set the email server not to accept email between certain hours of the night. If they have set the email protocols to not listen between set hours, the BIS servers will "time out" each and every night, which can get annoying.
    01-10-10 11:49 AM
    Sorry, I know I'm late on this thread, but I am having similar problems. It is my work email that keeps requiring me to validate the password. I do, it accepts it and then shortly thereafter sends me another email saying that it needs to be validated. There are no problems with my work server and I have not changed my password (nor am I required to by my work). I tried to go online through Blackberry to validate it, but it says that I cannot and I need to use my device to validate it! I'm thinking that I am unable to log in online because I have a refurbished phone (gotten after my puppy ate my other one), as I have used the online service to validate other accounts (with the original phone).

Any ideas/thoughts? I tried deleting the account on the phone, but now I am unable to put it back on because it <shock> can't validate the password.
    You can't log in online because you haven't setup an username and password for the BIS portal. Run Email Setup on the phone and hit Menu/Create Username. Then use that on the Verizon BIS portal and you'll be fine.
    01-10-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD