I have been a Palm user since its inception, back with the Palm Pilot. I have thousands of contacts, memos, etc. I have done a search and basically understand how I go about transferring data. Can former Palm users tell me their likes/dislikes? Are there any palm programs you miss that you cannot find on BB? I have some non-conventional data entered in my contacts (ie. Under "Mastercard" I have my MC number, expiration date, etc.) Will things like this transfer? Thanks in advance for offering help to a BB newbie!
    11-24-08 05:55 PM
    anyone have some thoughts?
    11-26-08 08:41 AM
    I used a Treo 650 and 700P. I synced with outlook on both. I have a pearl 8130 so the size difference was increadible, smaller and lighter. Honestly - since I picked up the blackberry I never thought about me Treo again - period. There is no comparison - it's BB all the way!
    11-26-08 08:54 AM
    I had a Palm 650 and it died on me. Made the mistake on going to Windows on an XV6700. Thank god I got a steal on it , cuz it went on ebay 2 days later.
    I went to look at new phones and was thinking Iphone, but didnt like some aspects of it so thought about BB. I went with the Bold and so far loving it. For the most part it will do everything the Treo will do, plus some!
    Only thing is the SMS threading, but not a huge deal.
    11-26-08 09:37 AM
    Was also a Palm 700p user. Just recently switched (about a month ago). Initially it was hard to get used to the trackball vs. the touch screen. The speed (EDGE vs EVDO) was also a little shocking as I heavily relied upon Google Maps - now much slower on the 8310.

I also had extra data in my palm contacts, not all of this transferred over, however if you were syncing your Palm to Outlook, I don't' think you should have too many problems.
    Overall though, I would never go back.
    11-26-08 12:22 PM
    what kind of things did not transfer? Thanks for replying!
    11-26-08 12:32 PM
    I have used a palm for quite some time. I went from a Tungsten to a treo 755p. Then, I got my BB curve.

At first, I missed the touch screen, but not for long. After having the curve for several months, I will NEVER go back to palm again.

The one thing palm does better is task management and scheduling - I do not like the blackberry as well in those areas. The calendar is okay, I guess. But, the task list sucks.

As far as transferring contacts, you'll be fine as long as you sync with Outlook.
    11-26-08 01:15 PM
    so if I have data under the little page icon under palm contacts, it will transfer over? Is there a 3rd party datebook that is better? Thanks for helping a potential BB newbie!
    11-26-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD