Okay, So heres the deal. I have the original Storm 9530 for Verizon. I never got the storm 2 because Verizon and Asurion refused to issue one to me. So I got the bold 9780 from a friend used that for a while then I switched back to my storm because the Bold broke. Anyways I have been waiting for the new phones to come out to switch. I like both phones and have no clue which phone to switch to. So I have come to the forums for some scholarly advice if you will. I like The Bold Touch and The Torch. I've read a fair share of reviews on both and I spoke to someone who has the bold touch and he highly recommends it over the Torch; but I am not convinced. I just figured i'd see if anyone has any insight that could help me. So yeah i guess if you would be so kind as to drop a few lines of advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am open to all opinions. Thanks
    09-09-11 04:46 PM
    It depends what keyboard you prefer? Did you like the Storm touch keyboard or Bold physical keyboard? There are two lines of Torches available now, one with a slider(9810) and one with a full touch screen(9850/60). I would recommend the full touch screen if you are used to the Storm. If you liked the 9780, maybe go with the Bold. The memory and internal specs should be comparable on all three devices you are looking at, but they do vary, so if you are worried about internal specs, you can look these up in the CrackBerry reviews.
    yankees2624 likes this.
    09-09-11 05:16 PM
    Memory and specs are more or less the same. Also if you are a touch boy take the 9860. If you like a sliding keyboard and a big touchscreen the 9810 is for you and if you like touch and type without sliding or anything else then 9900 is for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 07:18 PM
    I went with the bold for the phyical keyboard. I left android for a physical keyboard and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    yankees2624 likes this.
    09-09-11 07:33 PM
    I went with the bold for the phyical keyboard. I left android for a physical keyboard and couldn't be happier.

Same here! (y) (y)

09-09-11 07:34 PM
    II can't believe how much faster I can type and navigate with this new BB! I had a 8830 at one time which was nice but the speed was terrible.

09-09-11 08:14 PM
    I had a storm 2 for almost 2 years. Loved it and swore I was going to go all touch from here on out. Played with both phones extensively and ended up getting the bold. The Torch is great, but there is something about the bold that I can't explain...I guess it has the "it" factor. The bold is an absolute dream of a machine.

But honestly, you can't go wrong either way.

yankees2624 likes this.
    09-09-11 08:35 PM
    9900 bold is a nice phone, bolds always seem decent.
    Fast, efficient, I feel like the bold has more than the curve and storm.

09-09-11 08:53 PM
    They always do

09-09-11 11:17 PM
    What do you want from your next phone? freedom of navigation (full touch), or complete one-handed sweetness (keyboard)? Also, it doesn't hurt to take a look at the quote in my sig
    yankees2624 likes this.
    09-10-11 01:50 AM
    Thanks, Every one. I guess Verizon only has the Full Touch Torch 9850, But I appreciate the input and feedback. I got a chance to Play around with the Torch and Bold Touch again. I think I will most likely go with Torch. Has anyone had any problems with the Torch?

Thanks Again.
    Jim
    09-13-11 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD