Hi there!!

Feb 2, i have the option to renew my current contract with my carrier. I now BB10 at that time will be annouced, but, here in Mexico, we should see it maybe march or may. My principal problem is i have a near 4 year old 8900, my Bold 9780 is death, no possibilities to repair it, and the 8900 is showing the "age". I have in mind 2 options, the 9900 or the 9860, reading forums posts, and comments, i have to say boths are greats devices, with pros and cons, and i'm not sure wich one pick.

Short long story, wich device u recommend to renew my contract (only 1 year)

Thanks in advance!!
    12-11-12 12:01 AM
    If the contract will be only one year, I'd say go with the 9860, so you can decide if you like full touch or if you'd prefer a keyboard.

Wait, ONE year? With decent subsidization???
    DrBit2011 likes this.
    12-11-12 12:26 AM
    Two ways to go.

If you go with the Torch, you get practice typing on a touchscreen. Word of warning, though, the charging port has had a number of issues with failures. It's nice, though, with a better autofocus camera than the Bold's fixed-focus. It is also a more compact device, and really nice to watch videos on.

With the Bold, you get a much better keyboard, which is a sweet incentive. It is a handful. The Bold is also better supported, and likely more readily available.

I would trend Bold.
    DrBit2011 likes this.
    12-11-12 12:32 AM
    If the contract will be only one year, I'd say go with the 9860, so you can decide if you like full touch or if you'd prefer a keyboard.

Wait, ONE year? With decent subsidization???
    Well... here in Mexico, with my carrier, have some kind of point, can used as money to get a device, also, depends, on the month plan, the ammount of subsization. And preffer one year, cause the guarantee, only one year, so, if the device fail after the year, is really expensive repair it. That happend to my 9780, two time LCD, one time microSD card, all of them after the year.
    12-11-12 12:47 AM
    Well... here in Mexico, with my carrier, have some kind of point, can used as money to get a device, also, depends, on the month plan, the ammount of subsization. And preffer one year, cause the guarantee, only one year, so, if the device fail after the year, is really expensive repair it. That happend to my 9780, two time LCD, one time microSD card, all of them after the year.
    You're still lucky. Here in Canada the focus is on three year contracts, and the subsidization on two or one year contracts is just insulting (only about $100 or $50 off the no contract price)
    12-11-12 10:00 AM