Is there an application for OS 4.5 that will allow me to download gpx files to my bb and follow them on a map while also traking and recording my position, speed, elevation to later upload to an online mapping site like Map My Ride.

I do a lot of cycling and am wanting to lay out a route on my laptop and export it to my phone and be able to follow it while at the same time tracking my movements to later upload and compare to previous workouts.
    This would realy make new routes alot easier to navigate and not get lost
    01-21-09 12:34 AM
    Is there an application for OS 4.5 that will allow me to download gpx files to my bb and follow them on a map while also traking and recording my position, speed, elevation to later upload to an online mapping site like Map My Ride.

I do a lot of cycling and am wanting to lay out a route on my laptop and export it to my phone and be able to follow it while at the same time tracking my movements to later upload and compare to previous workouts.
    This would realy make new routes alot easier to navigate and not get lost
    Hi,

I have exactly the same question! I use BB Pearl Flip 8220 (with external GPS) or BB Pearl 8130 (with internal GPS).

I need a way to import GPX routes and to follow them with any navigation application!

Thanks a lot!

Jabc
    01-27-09 04:10 AM
    I found AllSportGPS works Ok.
    If it had a zoom feature it would rock.
    01-27-09 08:34 AM
    I found AllSportGPS works Ok.
    If it had a zoom feature it would rock.
    Thanks, StainlessBB, but does anyone know a free program for that? Doesn't have to be so sophisticated.

Thanks
    Jabc
    01-30-09 07:46 AM
    TrekBuddy would let you do this.
    01-30-09 10:17 AM
    I red a bit on the TrekBuddy forum, and it seems to be the thing I need! Thanks!
    Jabc
    01-30-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD