I have a Curve 8530, and for the past week or so, I've been almost unable to use the phone's native web browser, even though I can still call and text with this phone, and I can still use other applications (Facebook, Yelp etc.) that require an internet connection.

Almost every time I submit a webpage for loading, a bar saying "requesting" will appear at the bottom of the screen. About a minute will pass as the bar fills up, with no sign of the webpage opening, and finally I'll get an error message saying "Communication failure has occurred".

There are a few sites, such as google.com, that consistently load in the BB browser, possibly because they're already cached. But most sites (e.g., news sites like nytimes.com) just end up with the "Communication failure" message above.

I've gotten this error message periodically over the 2 years I've had my BB, but it's never persisted for a period of several days until now.

So far I've tried

- Closing and restarting the browser
    - Restarting the phone by taking out and replacing the battery
    - Turning off my mobile network connection and switching to wi-fi

but no luck -- I still just get the "Communication failure" message whenever I try to load most pages in the native browser.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help
    06-30-12 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD