If you could pin down one cool moment, something that made you say "Oh, that's cool" about your past or present BlackBerry handheld, what would it be?
    3Dee likes this.
    09-25-13 12:07 PM
    For me, it was the introduction of barcode scanning to add a BBM contact
    Last edited by birdman_38; 09-25-13 at 12:24 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 12:08 PM
    When I loaded the BBM leak which had display pictures onto my 9000!
    09-25-13 12:18 PM
    When my wife went into labor she speed dialed me from my 9780.

Miss that feature..on the Z

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 12:21 PM
    My first BBM Video chat where my 1 year-old tried to kiss the screen.

I was also quite happy when I found you can transfer media between Dropbox and SD.
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 12:25 PM
    I remember when my Bold 9000 proposed to me. I was so happy.....
    09-25-13 12:44 PM
    A few years back I was traveling with a small group of people. We had stopped for lunch just after a small earthquake. This was in the Baltimore-DC region, so it was big news. Not a big deal, but all over the news making it seem like it was. The mobile network was overloaded and none of my colleagues could reach anyone and no one could reach them. But the restaurant had wifi and I had UMA, and I had no trouble contacting my wife.

Communication on the move has always been what it's about for me, and BlackBerry came through, with the help of the restaurant wifi.
    09-25-13 12:57 PM
    I was working in McLean Virginia at the time of that quake. We were told to leave the building. I was walking around on the lawn BBMing my lady while no other phone I could see could get any communication to work. My lady and I work only a few kilometers apart and we could contact each other via the wireless network (Verizon at the time). Everyone else I work with could not communicate wirelessly.
    And my wife and I may have used BBM and not the phone. I don't remember now. But I do remember none of the others could make a call or send a text. It was one of those times I again said to my wife, "This is why we use BlackBerry."
    09-25-13 01:16 PM
    When I got the 8800. That seemed like such a quantum leap, at least esthetically, over the 7290. It was a real "wow" moment.

Close second is when I got the 9000. Beautiful device, 3G, yeah, baby. It was kind of like a "take that, iPhone" moment.
    09-25-13 01:22 PM
    When my old bold 9700 slip from my hand and fall directly to the ground from 4th floor and nothing happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:27 PM
    When I got my Torch 9810, it was a cool looking device
    09-25-13 01:29 PM
    I was working in McLean Virginia at the time of that quake. We were told to leave the building. I was walking around on the lawn BBMing my lady while no other phone I could see could get any communication to work. My lady and I work only a few kilometers apart and we could contact each other via the wireless network (Verizon at the time). Everyone else I work with could not communicate wirelessly.
    I was in Montgomery County, Maryland when the quake happened. Initially I could get calls on my BlackBerry Curve on Virgin Mobile, but the calls would break up and eventually drop. My other phones were not making calls, but I don't remember if text messages were going through (I'm not much of a text messenger).

I guess that I'll feel bad about this one, but my favorite moment was finally finding out how to enable caps and alt lock on a BlackBerry. It took me asking either six or seven people to find someone who knew the answer. At that moment, I started to understand why some people who like BBOS didn't like other platforms; there were just too many differences.
    09-25-13 01:39 PM
    I'm not on BB anymore but the best memory I have about my BB is meeting some really awesome people that I am still in contact with today. We all belonged to a BBM group but one by one, we migrated to other platforms and founded a new group on GroupMe to remain in contact with each other.
    09-25-13 03:41 PM
    When on my first BlackBerry, I presses the BB button and switched applications like a boss for the very first time.
    And when I installed BBOS 4.5 on my curve 8320

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:51 PM
    If you could pin down one cool moment, something that made you say "Oh, that's cool" about your past or present BlackBerry handheld, what would it be?
    Track wheel on the 8703. That was a big deal coming from a flip phone. Another was the excitement of using BBM for the first time and pinging random people from this site that posted their PINs in the social thread. That was awesome at that time.
    h20work likes this.
    09-25-13 03:52 PM
    Same situation with me but it was 2003 and during the blackout.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-25-13 03:52 PM
    When I used my 9780 to take a picture of the ultrasound image of my first born and sent it to all my family and friends using BBM

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:59 PM
    When I lost my 9900 last year, logged in to BB protect and located my phone. My girlfriend could not believe I could just open the web browser and see where my phone was on the map. Just great!

When I first use a curve 8330, my first contact with a BB physical keyboard, awesomeness!
    09-25-13 04:10 PM
    Having long Bbm conversations with a loved one since passed that were so "real time" we could have been in the same room.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    09-25-13 04:46 PM
    Back when I was still using my 8330, I was at Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose Alberta when a big wind storm hit and knocked the stage over, one woman was killed. Chaos ensued, everyone ran and scattered. And while this is not my favorite memory, it is my most standout BlackBerry memory as the cell towers were overloaded and my family and I could communicate via BBM when no one just using text messages or calls could get through.

We were all separated across the grounds, 16 of us, but we knew that we were all okay and were able to let family members at home know we were okay too.

In 2011 when the town I work in was hit by a wildfire, again only my family who had BBM was reachable.

I guess you could say communication in a crisis has earned my respect. BlackBerry worked best when we needed it most.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    09-25-13 04:46 PM
    When I got my first BlackBerry which was a 8900�one of the best legacy BB's imo.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-25-13 04:48 PM
    Also the crisp feeling of putting a fresh track ball in!
    09-25-13 05:26 PM
    For me it would be watching the short trailer of Speed Racer that was baked into the device memory of the first BB I bought, the Bold 9000. Then being amazed by the 'D's and the 'R's of BBM. I still feel that BlackBerry fortune essentially peaked when they released the 9000, it was a big, bold and beautiful device that at the time people carried as status symbol indicating wealth and sophistication. And then came the Storm...and everything kinda went downhill from there, slowly at first, then accelerating to where we are today. I have always wondered how much of a hand Thorsten had in the Storm.
    09-25-13 05:40 PM
    Love this thread, good job Birdman.

I'm going to go for three (although realise that I'm not really answering the question, but instead listening three happy things that made my BB cool to me):

1. Discovering BBM, and it having such a positive impact in keeping in touch with my family whilst overseas on long work trips - it brought them so much closer in a way that they were almost there with me, through my BB

2. A rush to the hospital for the birth of my son meant the only camera we had was my 8900 - and it performed admirably well

3. Just having a BB and the way it changed ny work and life relationship. And I was a BlackBerry person, and as well as being darn useful, that felt so damn cool

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-25-13 06:04 PM
    Her name was Jenna.
    Name Your Favourite BlackBerry Memory-girlsuntied_kaitleen_slide.jpg

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-25-13 06:12 PM
33 12