Maybe something original... Something threatening with a touchscreen like no other... Something running the brand new OS 4.5 or whatever. Something that just.... Shocks the competition with a clicky screen. Call it the BlackBerry Storm 9530.
    02-07-11 08:25 PM
    Maybe something original... Something threatening with a touchscreen like no other... Something running the brand new OS 4.5 or whatever. Something that just.... Shocks the competition with a clicky screen. Call it the BlackBerry Storm 9530.
    That was low.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 08:53 PM
    That was low.

When you see "BlackBerry" and "iPhone killer" I always think back to the original.
    02-07-11 09:05 PM
    Meh, the current Iphone killer is the current Iphone clientelle. My Bold 9700 is all I need it to be, and more...why fix somethin' that ain't broke
    02-08-11 07:03 AM
    The next BB iPhone killer should be called the BlackBerry Poison (model #9999of course.) The BB Poison will be fitted with malicious software ****-bent on Apple killing. Once an iiPhone comes within range of the Poison, an MMS message will be automatically sent to any surrounding iPhones. Once opened, iPhone owners will be treated to a BlackBerry Poison promo video gracing their wonderful Retina display. Said promo video will most likely be an animated 360* view of the subtle, but no doubt superior BlackBerry Poison (highlighting the superior Iris 3d screen and carbon-composite exo-skeleton of course.) Once the 360* is over the trademark BB's will float across the screen followed by some text fading in saying, and I quote, "Blackberry Poison, the iPhone Killer." At this point the iPhone's inferior screen would go dark, its measly A4 would short-circuit shooting sparks from its stone-aged stainless steel 'antennae' and then inevitably burst into flames, be reduced to ashes, and finally disappear.

Last edited by jashley73; 02-09-11 at 02:23 AM.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    02-08-11 04:06 PM
    The next BB iPhone killer should be called the BlackBerry Poison (model #9999of course.) The BB Poison will be fitted with malicious software ****-bent on Aplle killing. Once an iiPhone comes within range of the Poison, an SMS message will be automatically sent to any surrounding iPhones. Once opened, iPhone owners will be treated to a BlackBerry Poison promo video gracing their wonderful Retina display. Said promo video will most likely be an animated 360* view of the subtle, but no doubt superior BlackBerry Poison (highlighting the superior Iris 3d screen and carbon-composite exo-skelleton of course.) Once the 360* is over the trademark BB's will float across the screen followed by some text fading in sayingn and I quote, "Blackberry Poison, the iPhone Killerm." At this point the iPhone's inferior screen would go dark, it's measly A4 would short-circuit shooting sparks from it's stone-aged stainless steel 'antennae' and then inevitably burst into flames, be reduced to ashes, and finally dissapear.

I tried LSD once too lol!!! Funny post.

02-08-11 04:35 PM
    The "IPhone Killer" thing is seriously getting old and annoying .

As long as "Monaco" doesn't actually get used , I really dont care what it gets named as long as its specs are up to current times .
    02-08-11 04:39 PM
    The Torch can do whatever any other device can do just as fast.
    Look..I'm glad you like your Torch..but it's fact it lacks in areas (maybe not to you..but as a whole).

Rendering photos is laggy, browsing websites gives checkerboarding, boot up times are over 2 mins (which while fast for BB..is seriously long compared to other phones). I bought the Torch on launch day in Canada..and still have it (but plan on selling..when I get time) and as much as it excels in certain areas..it definately lags (no pun intended) in others. No need to get upset over it. But put it up against any other $500 smartphone..and you will see where it can't do things just as fast.
    02-08-11 04:50 PM
    Look..I'm glad you like your Torch..but it's fact it lacks in areas (maybe not to you..but as a whole).

Rendering photos is laggy, browsing websites gives checkerboarding, boot up times are over 2 mins (which while fast for BB..is seriously long compared to other phones). I bought the Torch on launch day in Canada..and still have it (but plan on selling..when I get time) and as much as it excels in certain areas..it definately lags (no pun intended) in others. No need to get upset over it. But put it up against any other $500 smartphone..and you will see where it can't do things just as fast.
    Honest assessment, and it makes me mad thinking about it...
    02-08-11 05:05 PM
    The next BB iPhone killer should be called the BlackBerry Poison (model #9999of course.) The BB Poison will be fitted with malicious software ****-bent on Aplle killing. Once an iiPhone comes within range of the Poison, an SMS message will be automatically sent to any surrounding iPhones. Once opened, iPhone owners will be treated to a BlackBerry Poison promo video gracing their wonderful Retina display. Said promo video will most likely be an animated 360* view of the subtle, but no doubt superior BlackBerry Poison (highlighting the superior Iris 3d screen and carbon-composite exo-skelleton of course.) Once the 360* is over the trademark BB's will float across the screen followed by some text fading in sayingn and I quote, "Blackberry Poison, the iPhone Killerm." At this point the iPhone's inferior screen would go dark, it's measly A4 would short-circuit shooting sparks from it's stone-aged stainless steel 'antennae' and then inevitably burst into flames, be reduced to ashes, and finally dissapear.

You've put way too much thought into this.

02-08-11 05:34 PM
    jashley73 Good ideas but Apple is already working on these things and as always BlackBerry will just follow and will always be behind the curve.
    Good luck with the spinning hour glass, slow browsing, slow reboots, poor battery life, lack of and high priced apps, terrible video play back on your BlackBerry. Hey that push email and bbm is good though.
    02-08-11 05:44 PM
    Good luck with the:
    Alright, let's do this!

spinning hour glass
    I don't have it on my 8520. Ever. Period.

slow browsing
    That's because it's running at max on EDGE. It's pretty snappy on EDGE I must say, and stick it onto the WiFi and we're in business!

slow reboots
    You can have that.

poor battery life
    It's good enough for me, it gets me through the day almost every day on a single charge with the OEM battery (and that's 7:30am-11pm). With moderate use.

lack of and high priced apps
    Moot point, already got all the apps I need. I haven't downloaded/installed a new app for 5 months now.

terrible video play back on your BlackBerry.
    Pretty decent on my 8520 tbh. Doesn't need to be perfect.

So, all in all, I've found that the BlackBerry works best for me.
    02-08-11 06:38 PM
    Alright, let's do this!

I don't have it on my 8520. Ever. Period.

That's because it's running at max on EDGE. It's pretty snappy on EDGE I must say, and stick it onto the WiFi and we're in business!

You can have that.

It's good enough for me, it gets me through the day almost every day on a single charge with the OEM battery (and that's 7:30am-11pm). With moderate use.

Moot point, already got all the apps I need. I haven't downloaded/installed a new app for 5 months now.

Pretty decent on my 8520 tbh. Doesn't need to be perfect.

So, all in all, I've found that the BlackBerry works best for me.
    I've got an 8530, so I think I can give some input. I get the hourglass on mine at least a few times a day, but nothing enough to bother me.

Browsing speed is a disaster at the least. I'm supposed to have "3G" which is the equivalent to the speed of EDGE on a first gen iPhone.

The battery usually lasts me through a day, which is always nice.

App selection is terrible. I have nothing more to say.

Media is also terrible. I can't enjoy a movie when I'm watching it on a small, low resolution screen.

So all in all, there's a lot that I like about my BlackBerry such as the messaging and battery life, but it's not nearly enough to make my next phone a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone or whatever the current Android would be at the time.
    02-08-11 08:44 PM
    Thank you, thank you <takes a bow> I get lots of "browsing time" at work.

How about a supplemental question to the original post. What should the "iPhone killer" have/be to make it such?
    02-09-11 01:53 AM
    Thank you, thank you <takes a bow> I get lots of "browsing time" at work.

How about a supplemental question to the original post. What should the "iPhone killer" have/be to make it such?
    Now that is a really excellent question and you should take a bow for that!! To further supplement the op's question can there really be an iphone killer?

02-09-11 02:01 AM
    Now that is a really excellent question and you should take a bow for that!! To further supplement the op's question can there really be an iphone killer?
    Probably not, in the general consumer's eyes at least...
    02-09-11 02:19 AM
    BlackBerry iKiller
    02-09-11 12:17 PM
    The BlackBerry BiPhone, for people who like more than one option
    02-09-11 12:17 PM
    The BlackBerry BiPhone, for people who like more than one option
    Is the dog in the avatar yours? My dog looks exactly like that except it's a girl. I almost thought it was her.
    02-09-11 02:53 PM
    I very much doubt that RIM is interested in making an "iPhone killer" device. They're focused on a different market segment than Apple.

Speaking of the iPhone, on the first day I brought my Torch home my kids saw me working the screen with my finger and asked me if that was my iPhone. I told them to stop insulting my Blackberry like that.

02-09-11 10:48 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD