Here's a name that just might work....are you ready for this....???

the "Bieberberry"

Quick, where's the phaser app on my phone...
    02-04-11 06:58 AM
    the blackberry QNX thats clearly what we all want, apple will get lazy on there next few models, it happens with all companies that led the market, nokia, sony ericsson, samsung, they all got lazy they are corporate money making machines and that is more important than what there customer needs
    Dont forget to put RIM on that list of lazy companies. They were on top of thier game just a few years ago and now they can't come up with a device that can compete in today's smart phone market. The Torch is the best they could do for now and it's an underwhelming device to say the least.
    02-04-11 07:12 AM
    completely agree all companies are the same, some are worse than others
    02-04-11 07:18 AM
    Depends on if it will have a proper antenna?
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark...
    02-04-11 04:05 PM
    The Torch is the best they could do for now and it's an underwhelming device to say the least.
    Seriously? That bad huh? Where is the Torch underwhelmed at? Can you think of some stuff the Torch can't do that your device can? Hmmm now that's for a whole new thread.
    As for your iphone killer I'd say the Torch is in the running. I'm seeing more and more people with em now. If the Torch 2 is as leaked then I think there will be a big boom. Rim isn't doing bad. Apple hasn't taken them out. Of I where to name it. It would be something like BlackBerry Shimmer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-04-11 04:18 PM
    Can't we all just get along? LOL. Don't understand why we have to pit one against the other. Variety is the spice of life and we all benefit from there being several companies with various designs and OS's to pick from. Long live iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
    02-04-11 04:35 PM
    Seriously? That bad huh? Where is the Torch underwhelmed at? Can you think of some stuff the Torch can't do that your device can? Hmmm now that's for a whole new thread.
    As for your iphone killer I'd say the Torch is in the running. I'm seeing more and more people with em now. If the Torch 2 is as leaked then I think there will be a big boom. Rim isn't doing bad. Apple hasn't taken them out. Of I where to name it. It would be something like BlackBerry Shimmer.

I have said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again. The Torch is JUNK.
    02-04-11 04:43 PM
    I have said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again. The Torch is JUNK.
    Once again you run your head and offer facts to back it.

02-04-11 05:26 PM
    Once again you run your head and offer facts to back it.

All you need to do is look at all the professional reviews on all major tech blogs and you'll see the general consensus is that the Torch is a laggy, plasticy piece of junk. Not my opinion its a fact.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-04-11 at 05:40 PM.
    02-04-11 05:35 PM
    02-04-11 06:08 PM
    All you need to do is look at all the professional reviews on all major tech blogs and you'll see the general consensus is that the Torch is a laggy, plasticy piece of junk. Not my opinion its a fact.
    Link us some reviews of Rim tech geeks that call the Torch junk. I'm sure you can post 1000 of apple and android lovers. The Torch can do whatever any other device can do just as fast. So its an opinion not a fact. Fact of the matter is now I've had my Torch 5 months and change. I can do the job on my Torch now that I know my way around it as you can on whatever device your comfortable with as fast or faster. Like I said no facts to back it up. A bunch of hot air.

larry5332 likes this.
    02-04-11 06:32 PM
    We believe you. Sothat's your name for the iPhone killer? JUNK? I think we have a winner!
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 02-05-11 at 11:36 PM.
    02-04-11 11:29 PM
    I have heard that it's laggy but I don't have any facts to prove it. As for plasticy piece of junk, that's not a professional review, that's a fact of life when it comes to cellphones. I doubt they were talking about the Torch since is mostly chrome and glass, and probably out of their price range anyway. It must really drive all those professional, major tech blogs nuts when people buy the plastic junk by the millions against their astute advice though.
    02-04-11 11:42 PM
    Here's some examples for you Torch enthusiast's.

BlackBerry Torch review -- Engadget

Fairly good review but the final statement about sums it up.

The Torch seems sluggish, underpowered, and dated from a hardware design standpoint, and BlackBerry 6, despite its new features and polish, still feels woefully behind the curve. To call the Torch the "best BlackBerry ever" wouldn't be an understatement, but unfortunately for RIM and the faithful, their best isn't nearly good enough.
    Here's another one

BlackBerry Torch Review

This review was a little more harsh but I liked this quote:

People who love BlackBerry exactly the way it is will like the Torch and BlackBerry 6, because it's pretty much the same. It offers a lot of marginal improvements in a lot of places�like the browser�even if it makes a mess of some things. That said, in a few months, they might like it a lot less.
    There is plenty more just gotta look...Let me google that for you
    02-05-11 12:26 AM
    Can't we all just get along? LOL. Don't understand why we have to pit one against the other. Variety is the spice of life and we all benefit from there being several companies with various designs and OS's to pick from. Long live iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
    Who let that troublemaker in here? Begone before someone drops a house on you!
    02-05-11 12:28 AM

I loved my Palm Vx and Tungsten E2, but got tired of carrying two devices (PDA and cellphone). Palm dropped the ball, so it was pretty much BlackBerry vs iPhone for me. As a Google-it-til-you-drop researcher, I ended up buying the Torch because:

- 1/2 the price of the iPhone
    - better battery life
    - better phone

Only had the Torch 2 months. Drives me nuts sometimes (did I mention I miss my Palm?), but I stand by my original reasons, especially after comparing notes with all my iPhone buddies. The new leaked 450 has really helped.

My two centavos. Spend freely.
    02-05-11 12:39 AM
    Here's some examples for you Torch enthusiast's.
    What is it about Blackberry that makes you feel so threatened?

Is it the dozen or more Android devices that have come out recently and makes yours seem old? or the dozen that are on their way?
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-05-11 at 12:44 AM.
    02-05-11 12:40 AM
    Threatened? Why you assume too much. I like Blackberry. People here wanted reviews and actual websites...I obliged them. What about my post threatens you? Hmmm?
    02-05-11 12:46 AM
    It's spelled "P-L-A-Y-B-O-O-K".
    02-05-11 12:47 AM
    Is it the dozen or more Android devices that have come out recently and makes yours seem old? or the dozen that are on their way?
    Love the last minute retort. Did that take you a minute?
    02-05-11 12:51 AM
    Quick, where's the phaser app on my phone...

Set it for stun ok? He's just a kid, looks like the Bieberberry has arrived:

02-06-11 11:43 PM
    I honestly think you kill any chances of a phone when you bring it out to the masses and call it a "iPhone Killer" or any device that's dominating a market. Don't try to talk ****, just try to be competitive and bring out a good device, that's all I want.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    02-07-11 03:14 AM
    ^^ THIS.

10char
    02-07-11 02:43 PM
    LOL, the NEXT IPhone killer from BlackBerry. What was the first first?
    02-07-11 02:53 PM
    ^^ THIS.

10char
    The Blackberry This? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue....
    02-07-11 02:55 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD