I just had an amazing idea. Seeing as how the Monaco is coming out soon, I must say I wasn't overly impressed. Yes, it's better in specs than the iPhone 4. But let's be honest, we're all waiting for the QNX version of the Monaco, right? Well, I think RIM should have a contest to "Name the iPhone killer".

People would submit their ideas, and if your name is chosen, you and your friends each get one (or something like that).

It would definitely garner a lot of attention and create some serious hype...

I hope they see this and it comes true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:17 PM
    Hype wears off after a while and I would take it like a grain of salt. It takes time to design, build and release smartphones.

Oh and you're probably going to get fanboys of other platforms replying, as it happens regularly around here.

02-02-11 09:38 PM
    I just had an amazing idea. Seeing as how the Monaco is coming out soon, I must say I wasn't overly impressed. Yes, it's better in specs than the iPhone 4. But let's be honest, we're all waiting for the QNX version of the Monaco, right? Well, I think RIM should have a contest to "Name the iPhone killer".

People would submit their ideas, and if your name is chosen, you and your friends each get one (or something like that).

It would definitely garner a lot of attention and create some serious hype...

I hope they see this and it comes true.

You have to admit that putting "i" in front of plain vanilla words like phone, pad, tunes etc is a rather bland approach to branding, but at least the goods aren't bland. (Why is it called the AppStore and not the iAppStore?)
    Monaco probably isn't going to be the name of the device, but it's a pretty cool place to visit. Call your future super phone the Black iBerry (and wave a white flag before the trademark lawyers descend on you).
    02-02-11 10:44 PM
    It takes time to design, build and release smartphones.
    It doesnt take much time for RIM.
    02-03-11 12:52 AM
    Name the iPhone killer?

The LG Prada. Or any Nokia product. Because the iPhone was a blatant copy of the former, and infringes on many of the patents in the latter.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-03-11 02:20 AM
    They should call it "The Blackberry Antique"
    02-03-11 02:29 AM
    They should call it "The Blackberry Antique"
    That is funniest thing I have ever read in my life sir (or madam). You have got to be a stand-up comedian or something. Omg my laughter is consuming me!!! You are so clever. You should be a writer for "Two and a Half Men" that's how funny you are. :|

BayouBengal21 and larry5332 like this.
    02-03-11 03:36 AM
    How about the BlackBerry Pie? BlackBerry Cobbler?
    02-03-11 06:03 AM
    BlackBerry Jam.

02-03-11 06:58 AM
    That is funniest thing I have ever read in my life sir (or madam). You have got to be a stand-up comedian or something. Omg my laughter is consuming me!!! You are so clever. You should be a writer for "Two and a Half Men" that's how funny you are. :|

Ok now that was funny. "Two an a Half Men" wow very nice I applaud you sir.

02-03-11 07:06 AM

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    02-03-11 11:12 AM
    I've got a name:

Charlie Sheen's Little Black Book
    02-03-11 12:42 PM
    I've got a name:

Charlie Sheen's Little Black Book
    ...there's an app for that.

BlackBerry App World - BlackBook - Hide your contacts and conversations

My Little Black Book for iPhone / iPod Touch
    02-03-11 02:49 PM
    RIM has never had an iPhone killer or the ability to kill any other platform. RIM is lucky if they can even keep up with the competition.
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    02-03-11 04:16 PM
    I think you just jinxed them. even rimm doesn't think they will kill the iphone.
    02-03-11 04:17 PM
    As opposed to... their last "iPhone killer"?

Which one was that again...?
    02-03-11 05:43 PM
    As long as the iPhone is held as the gold standard that needs to be killed, there will never be an "iPhone killer".
    02-03-11 06:07 PM
    As long as the iPhone is held as the gold standard that needs to be killed, there will never be an "iPhone killer".
    Here's a question....will iPhone5 be an iPhone killer? Will it cause mass migration from the current installments? And if not, will it be a "disappointment"?
    02-03-11 10:32 PM
    Here's a name that just might work....are you ready for this....???

the "Bieberberry"

02-03-11 10:36 PM
    Here's a question....will iPhone5 be an iPhone killer? Will it cause mass migration from the current installments? And if not, will it be a "disappointment"?
    Depends on if it will have a proper antenna?
    02-04-11 12:25 AM
    This post is ridiculous, there will never be an iPhone killer. Me personally I like the android os more than apple ios but the fact remains that no SINGLE smartphone has even come close to putting up the kind of numbers that the iphone has. Not the 9650, not the Droid X, not the HTC Evo, not the 9700.

02-04-11 01:07 AM
    Just call it the flip phone killer....the rotary rocker, the "real pager" the quickest and the un dead shean!
    02-04-11 01:56 AM
    the blackberry QNX thats clearly what we all want, apple will get lazy on there next few models, it happens with all companies that led the market, nokia, sony ericsson, samsung, they all got lazy they are corporate money making machines and that is more important than what there customer needs
    02-04-11 03:38 AM
    Here's a name that just might work....are you ready for this....???

the "Bieberberry"

Why are you not working for RIM?

02-04-11 04:26 AM
    Blackberry IPK 4000

Well.... "I Phone Killer" what did u think it was! LOL
    02-04-11 05:49 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD