So I just upgraded to the newest .423 release for my BlackBerry Bold 9700, and it added a contact called "MyProfile" (.405 did this as well) with my phone number.

I can't delete it. It's always the top contact listed.

Anyone else have any idea what this is used for and how to delete or move it?

When I try to delete it, it brings up a popup that just says "MyProfile is restoring default values..." ?

I don't have any special programs installed, I wiped the device before I upgraded.
    12-25-09 09:00 PM
    It should be noted, I can rename it, so say my actual name, but it still stays at the top of the list, it wont sort like the rest alphabetically. WTF do I need myself at the top for, I don't call myself

RIMMMMMM?????
    12-25-09 09:02 PM
    I have this as well with.423. I came from .415 which didn't have this. It's rather annoying.
    12-29-09 10:09 PM
    I was able to delete this after a successful synchronization with Outlook, then deleting it in my outlook contacts and then doing a synchronization again. This only showed up after i had done an address book restore over the air.
    anon_lynx likes this.
    02-14-10 10:42 PM
    I was able to delete this after a successful synchronization with Outlook, then deleting it in my outlook contacts and then doing a synchronization again.
    This also worked for me by synchronizing with Windows Vista Native Application (Contacts), deleting in Windows Contacts, and syncing again.
    11-19-10 10:48 AM
    I know when I used bbm it required for me to setup a contact profile for myself. I think it was for using a default email other than my bb's default for bbm and also a name to associate my pin# and barcode to. I haven't used bbm for a long time so I could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD