Hello!

First, sorry for my basic english, i'm catalan

I have a big problem... and i'm desesperate.

My new BB 8900 dosen't connect to house wifi (it's open). I have no data plan contract. I set the wifi and web browser to receive the signal from the hotspot but still not working.

My phone company says it only works on wifi if you have the data plan contract. Is that true?

Thanks 4 all!
    02-06-10 10:24 AM
    you need Blackberry Internet Service in order to access the internet either through wifi or your carrier. So it is true.
    02-06-10 10:42 AM
    yes i believe you do need the internet service to use wifi which defeats the purpose. lol
    02-06-10 10:50 AM
    i actually have a regular data plan from tmobile, i believe its the total internet plan for $10 a month, not BIS and my wifi is working perfectly fine. only things that don't work are the RIM apps such as facebook and app world. BB browser DOES work though on wifi
    02-06-10 02:06 PM
    Your carrier is just trying to get you to buy into their data plan. My phone does not have a data plan, but I'm able to get onto the internet using wifi. in your browser options --> browser configuration --> choose: hotspot browser. Then go back to browser options --> general options --> default browser --> choose: hotspot browser. That should get your phone web hopping in no time. Good luck.
    02-12-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD