My university is migrating to Office 365 and Outlook today and I was looking around how to set it up on mobile devices. For BlackBerrys they said you can sign up with their BES so I did that already actually. I've tried looking around but can't figure out what this means to me. Will my regular emails, BBM and everything work like normal just that my university email and calendar will be synced differently? How does this work? What difference will it make on me?
    01-26-13 08:20 AM
    you could just ask the IT folks at ur university. . .
    01-26-13 08:58 AM
    you could just ask the IT folks at ur university. . .
    Or the OP could ask the experts on these forums (which last time I checked was encouraged). The IT with whom I work are anti-BB and it does me no good to ask them BB questions. I would hope that this site would be the next best option for good information, wouldn't you?
    01-26-13 09:04 AM
    Or the OP could ask the experts on these forums (which last time I checked was encouraged). The IT with whom I work are anti-BB and it does me no good to ask them BB questions. I would hope that this site would be the next best option for good information, wouldn't you?
    true. . .I just figured that since they set the polices and what not. . .no insult meant
    01-26-13 09:14 AM
    Office365 uses BESx rather than full on BES so you only need a BIS data plan rather than a full on BES plan.

It shouldn't affect the use of BBM etc and will give you near instant push email and access to your sub-folders, contacts and calendar sync. I've not looked into the details but unlike a full BES server I don't believe your IT admins can see your SMS and BBM history, but you are best to check with your IT team.
    01-26-13 09:17 AM