I love blackberry. Since my first curve I've loved the simplicity. The ease of use. The fact that they just plain...work. I've had my 9700 since the day it came out.

I admit, I got jealous of the apps. Playing angry birds. Tiny wings. The whole thing. So I bit the bullet, paid some guy $250 off craigslist, and got an iphone. And it was fun for awhile. I had all the apps, was playing all the games. And then realized the phone, for a variety of reasons, just wasn't for me. It's nothing against iphones, they are pretty amazing things, but to me they fail to do the necessary things great.

So I switched back to my 9700. Fell in love all over again.

And then I got jealous again. A few months later I thought maybe an android was the answer. Something that wasn't so restricted by apple and would let me do what I wanted in terms of customization. Motorola released the atrix and I went for it. Awesome phone. Dual Core, fingerprint scanner, the whole nine yards. I've had it for 3 weeks now and I want to throw it against the wall. It freezes up or delays my input commands numerous times a day. I cannot type to save my life. The same email that would take me less than a minute to write on the 9700 takes almost 10 minutes to perfect. There are things that are good about this phone don't get me wrong, but it shouldn't take me 10 different commands to make a simple phone call. That I can't handle. And the enterprise sync is seriously lacking, at least at my firm. Emails come hours later and sent items never show up in my outlook. My calendar is a mess. It is unacceptable for a smartphone. I should not need a $20 app to make it work some of the time, end of story.

So tomorrow I'm off to the AT&T store to return this and reactivate my 9700 for the third time. To me if you don't need your phone to play games and don't need to have a thousand apps that you have no time for anyway, there is no reason to not have a blackberry. There is nothing that I do on a daily basis on the atrix that I can't do on my blackberry. It is FAR superior in the aspects that I need my phone to excel at, and thats all that matters.
    06-30-11 08:03 PM
    Welcome back (to BlackBerry).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 09:45 PM
    A device does not have to be perfect to be a perfect fit for someone.

I've tried an iPhone, it fit like gloves, on my feet. I tried a couple of Androids, it was like having my feet on backwards in two left shoes.

I don't use a mobile device to impress anyone but me. If it doesn't work, for me, it's not for me.

I think that's as simple as it gets.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-11 01:22 AM
    That's the bottom line; whatever works for you is what you should do. Nothing else can be said, but on forums and such it gets repeated time after time because that how things work. Not even just phone- everything in life that presents itself to you with multiple options has to be taken this way- phones are no different.
    07-01-11 02:00 AM
    similar story here, I strayed a few times and keep coming back. Blackberry just works for me, I'm sure I'll stray again some day, but not anytime soon.
    07-01-11 02:16 AM
    I never get that far, if I even consider getting something else I quickly find out about some limitations that I simply couldn't live with.

Iphone- can't attach files to a reply email this is a big one for me, can't download and upload in the browser, no proper multitasking, no complete messaging and social networking integration in the OS as with BB

Android- all I have to do is read the above posts and also, when I went to webpages that I would usually download from, there was no download option, just play option

07-01-11 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD