hey crackberry nation, hope somebody can help. i've recently come across an issue with my tour, it started when i loaded the BBerry Appworld update. the first thing was that the prices for the apps is in Euros instead of US dollars. then when i go to google mobile and type in ABC mobile to watch a show on my tour, the first result is the Australian Abc mobile, if there is such a thing. then, when i go to abc mobile (US) and try to watch a show, it says something like: "you appear to be outside the US or its territories. due international rights agreements, we only this video to viewers located within the US and its territories" and i was trying this while sitting in Disneyland waiting for the fireworks show. please help!
    thanks -peter
    10-05-09 09:43 AM
    WOW! Seriously, no one? Can anyone help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 07:30 PM
    Sorry, it's a new one for me...
    You can try uninstalling app world see if that helps...?
    10-05-09 08:16 PM
    Sorry, it's a new one for me...
    You can try uninstalling app world see if that helps...?
    thanks smnc, i had already tried that and nothing, still the same.
    10-05-09 08:20 PM
    10-05-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try

10-05-09 09:56 PM
    The ever popular battery pull and service books?
    10-05-09 10:01 PM
    That fixed the app world issue so thanks lak611! now if I can figure out the other issues, I'll b set. Thanks again.

10-05-09 10:10 PM
    The ever popular battery pull and service books?
    I can do the batt pull, which I havnt tried, but what do I do with service books? Forgive my ignorance but I'm still a fairly new guy to BBerrys. Tour is my first Berry.

10-05-09 10:15 PM
    On your blackberry, click on the e-mail setup icon.
    Go to 'settings' at the bottom of the screen, then 'help', then 'send service books'

The service books tell the various Berry apps how to talk to the internet.
    I doubt they're the problem, but it won't hurt, and it MIGHT fix it...
    10-05-09 11:24 PM
    On your blackberry, click on the e-mail setup icon.
    Go to 'settings' at the bottom of the screen, then 'help', then 'send service books'

The service books tell the various Berry apps how to talk to the internet.
    I doubt they're the problem, but it won't hurt, and it MIGHT fix it...
    2 down 1 to go. it seems like the google issue is resolved but the abc mobile issue is still there. thanks for the lesson on service books smnc, you rock! also, i didn't previously have a BIS acct. now i do, so thanks. i know it can be a benefit me, any pointers or tidbits on how it can benefit me? or maybe a forum/thread? thanks again. i'm gonna try to call the VZW tech support on this last issue and hopefully they can help.
    10-06-09 01:08 AM
    You actually did have a BIS account, but just not one you could mess with
    A BIS account is created for you by your provider when you go on the BlackBerry data plan.
    It's nice to have the accessible account as it will let you mess with e-mail settings (filters and such) and is crucial if you ever upgrade or replace your device. Plus of course troubleshooting as you've already seen.

The ONLY thing I can think of for the ABC problem is that you have an non-US IP address for some reason.
    I'm not sure how to forcibly release/renew your IP on a Berry, other than a battery pull, but you already tried that...

Hmmm...
    You could try re-registering on the network I suppose.
    Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
    Menu Button > Register Now
    I don't know if that will do it...

You can also access your BIS account on your pc using this link
    10-06-09 02:05 AM
    You actually did have a BIS account, but just not one you could mess with
    A BIS account is created for you by your provider when you go on the BlackBerry data plan.
    It's nice to have the accessible account as it will let you mess with e-mail settings (filters and such) and is crucial if you ever upgrade or replace your device. Plus of course troubleshooting as you've already seen.

The ONLY thing I can think of for the ABC problem is that you have an non-US IP address for some reason.
    I'm not sure how to forcibly release/renew your IP on a Berry, other than a battery pull, but you already tried that...

Hmmm...
    You could try re-registering on the network I suppose.
    Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
    Menu Button > Register Now
    I don't know if that will do it...

You can also access your BIS account on your pc using this link
    thanks again smnc, you've been a great help. i actually tried re-resgistering last nite and nothing. im gonna try calling verizon tech support and we'll see how that goes. wish me luck. thanks again.
    10-06-09 10:20 AM
    Best of luck. Hopefully it'll work out, or you'll have to learn to love Aussie TV
    10-06-09 12:38 PM
    Best of luck. Hopefully it'll work out, or you'll have to learn to love Aussie TV
    hahaha no thanks. no luck with verizon tech rep i'm gonna try abc tech support, if there is such a thing, or just contacting them. if that doesnt work then my last resort is to get a new tour. which would be cool actually . thanks again.
    10-06-09 01:48 PM
    Hey, try this link in your Berry's browser:
    IP Address Lookup (IPv4 & IPv6)

Post the results of: your IP and Country please.
    10-06-09 04:35 PM
    Hey, try this link in your Berry's browser:
    IP Address Lookup (IPv4 & IPv6)

Post the results of: your IP and Country please.
    tried it, i get a 206.53........ ip address and country is canada. i think that's the issue, what do you think? thanks.
    10-07-09 12:02 AM
    Yup...
    But you used to be able to watch TV on your Berry?
    As a workaround, many of ABC's shows are available on Candian TV websites. Try GlobalTV, CTV, and A-Channel...
    10-07-09 12:40 AM
    hahaha no thanks. no luck with verizon tech rep i'm gonna try abc tech support, if there is such a thing, or just contacting them.
    Yeah I don't thing there is an abc tech support either at least googling it did not reveal any if there are.
    10-07-09 05:28 AM
    Yup...
    But you used to be able to watch TV on your Berry?
    As a workaround, many of ABC's shows are available on Candian TV websites. Try GlobalTV, CTV, and A-Channel...
    oh well. i might just have to give it up. thanks smnc. and thanks everyone else.
    10-07-09 02:16 PM
    If you have the new Verizon BlackBerry Storm or Tour, location is off by default. You must go to Options | Advanced | GPS and set GPS Services from 911 to On.
    10-07-09 02:41 PM
    If you have the new Verizon BlackBerry Storm or Tour, location is off by default. You must go to Options | Advanced | GPS and set GPS Services from 911 to On.
    it has been on. thank you though.
    10-07-09 03:41 PM
    I'll keep looking and see what I can find out.

In the meantime, you can watch live TV on your Berry...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/tv-your-bb-331470/
    10-07-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD