My torch 9800 is acting up. As a blackberry abuser, half of my life is on that phone: Bank information, databases for work, when to meet new clients, when to eat, shower, go party, sleep/wake-up. It is what keeps me entertained all the time. As a CEO, it is what helps me to accomplish many of my tasks, from sending emails to conference calls. After almost two years though, the phone is acting up. The speaker when on the phone is very scratchy, the screen sometimes discolor and a reboot doesn't fix the problem. Since BB10 phones are like 4 months away, should I wait for them or get a new phone?

I am trying to save money here so please speak from experience or common sense.

Thanks a ton!

Jacmel 2013
    06-12-12 10:02 PM
    Hi!
    This might sound like a foolish idea, but if you are really in need of a working BlackBerry, you could always go to your T-Mobile store and buy a lower-end Torch or other type of BalckBerry (or do any of your friends have one that they do not use anymore? I would also suggest sites like Kijiji, but as long as you can see and test out the phone before purchasing it). I know that'd be forking out a bit of cash before the release of BB10; but it might be better to have a new-ish and working phone in case your current one gives you any grief.

Do you have BlackBerry Protect installed on your phone? That way, you can just transfer all your stuff over to any BlackBerry phone you get; so any BlackBerry you get will have all that for you! You could always go to T-Mobile and explain your situation, and bring your receipts (though I know it has been about two years since you've purchased it, but you never know!). Maybe they will give you some insight or further options.
    El Cid likes this.
    06-12-12 10:07 PM
    Get another BB off contract till BB10 shows up. Plenty of them on the web.
    El Cid likes this.
    06-12-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD