I don't think of myself as a fanboy to the blackberry brand or the Rim company. I'm a user of the features that both has offered me.
    A good example is auto txt. How cool is that. Not only can you add your own inputs but you can edit the default. I have complete sentices. When I leave work I tell my wife. I'm on my way home, I ask if she wants anything. Are you ready yet. Just lots of things I say daily.
    Profiles has been a key for me. At work I work around grain moving equipment and its load but at home I a med. Tone is enough. Going into meetings and offices or doctor visits silent is perfect. No time is powered off good for me. Its. Pain going thru and.changing volumes every where you go.
    2 very simple things that means a lot to me. Does ios have it now. Probably but I prefer the blackberry UI.
    Users that prefer a physical keyboard has been made fun of for a while now. When ya think about it all smartphones has a keyboard. Either physical or virtual. Virtual hasn't shown any superiority over physical and I say that for 2 reasons. Pc would have long since gone to them and the devices like iphone that is virtual only keyboards its users rely on software to clean up the mess. Its my opinion its not the keyboard that's really being put into question. The people that is down on the physical keyboard is really saying they prefer a touch only UI. An example is often times at cafes I see users pull out ipads set em up then whip out a big white blue tooth keyboard. %&$%? That's gibberish for huh.
    Until the 9800 I never wanted a touch UI. This hybrid helped me be confertable with a UI that you don't have physical control over. I really grew to the touch UI.
    So why did I go to the 9860 blackberry's touch only UI instead of ios? Fanboyish? Loyalty? Not at all. In os6 for the touch UI Rim expanded the menus into the touch UI. Another feature of BBos is the menus and the hoover menus are awesome. Ios doesn't have em. In os7 I still have the BBos that I know how to use with all the upgrades Rim has been into it. I have the preferred UI of many.
    So to conclude you can see its not out of loyalty to a brand or company its the features they offer. Yall that don't relate maybe you can understand where I'm actually coming from instead of just profiling me as a fanboy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-12 01:04 PM
    An interesting topic! I don't really have an "anti-touch" feeling anymore (not to say that you have one! I used to be somewhat "anti-touch" in the past) - I use a QWERTY keyboard but I might switch to all-touch or another keyboard in the future... But for now, I love my keyboard.

It also seems like you're backing up your thought and opinions with supportive arguments; which is always nice to see. Enjoy your BlackBerry!
    04-27-12 01:42 PM
    I believe it's come down to consumer preference. Many Android devices come packed with a physical keyboard regardless of the large on-screen interface. Larger screens help. The Bold 9900 offers a wide keyboard for my large hands and a large enough (just barely!) screen to accomplish everything on my phone for any communication purposes.

I had them all. I've worked two wireless companies here in the U.S. which gave me plenty of time with every phone OS that has been released in the past 3 years. Returning to school was difficult without all the utility the BB offers. I started with what I left AT&T with, which was the Samsung Infuse, used a WP7 and even an iPhone before those. All I could think about was how useful and invigorating my old BB 9700 was. I made the switch back to a used 9700 and realized why I made the jump in the first place: no memory. It was killing me. I read up on the 9900 and swallowed the heavy price tag. I haven't looked back since. No more black clock spinning or low memory warnings. And it has a touchscreen to boot! I say about time RIM and THANK YOU.

I understand if I sound fan boy-ish. I've also always liked the under dog.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 02:10 PM
    I am in your same boat. I bumbed up to a 9860 from a 9800 off contract but I got a pretty good deal. I was the opposite in that I actually favored the key board after using the 9800. I figured I would give the all touch iu a try and if no go, 9900(I tried one and it was nice). After getting the 9860 I am nothing but impressed. My big thing is build quality. Man, videos do not do the 9860 justice. From the 9800 to the 9860 I am very impressed with BB.
    04-27-12 03:35 PM
    An interesting topic! I don't really have an "anti-touch" feeling anymore (not to say that you have one! I used to be somewhat "anti-touch" in the past) - I use a QWERTY keyboard but I might switch to all-touch or another keyboard in the future... But for now, I love my keyboard.

It also seems like you're backing up your thought and opinions with supportive arguments; which is always nice to see. Enjoy your BlackBerry!
    I did have an anti-touch attitude for a long time. I don't have it any more thanks to my 9800 and 9860. But I still like a physical keyboard. The bigger screen and touch UI on os7 just makes the trade off worth it.
    04-27-12 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD