A Lot of people expected drastic results. Assuming everybody was waiting on the edge of there seat with there bank account stocked for the release to drop.

I dont even think it's accurate to say apple has a subscriber base that does that. They have only had this on one or two occasions in the past. Iphone 4s, running on the game changing feel of the iphone 4 launch. And I pad 2, and arguably the ipad 3. But things change so damn fast, apple will not see this kind of thing happen anymore. There still successfully in every one of there product releases. And can pull some tricks to have line ups around the block. But I'm talking about public opinion. Word around the water cooler that you HAVE to go get this product.

With what I'm seeing around my friends, family, and reading more and more reviews online is far more down to earth. Every time I show the phone to people they like it. Nobody believes I have Instagram. I have 5 friends right now who are telling me there getting a z10 (will double my bbm contacts finally!!!) But they dont have 600$ lieing around. Or near there every 3 year contract upgrade. So typically it takes a phone breaking or getting lost to force somebody to do it. And when it comes to people online more and more people take a real slow approach, they sit back and wait. Most likely because in reality they too don't have the money to buy the phone outright.

When we hear Thorstein Heins say it's a marathon not a sprint I believe this is why. The nature of the smart phone business is not what the media would have you think. You need a kick *** product on the shelf all the time, to catch those sales everyday, all year. As opposed to the big events and instant numbers to analyze that the media likes so much.

So how about everybody else? How many people have you heard say there getting a z10 sometime in the future rather then people more or less heading to the store right away.

Posted via CB10
    sushistew and uglyduckly like this.
    03-29-13 12:25 PM
    I agree.

Price is only an issue in the absence of value.

People are waiting because they're uncertain. And because for most people unlike us, a smartphone is just another purchase to them...
    Bbnivende and m1a1mg like this.
    03-29-13 12:39 PM
    A Lot of people expected drastic results. Assuming everybody was waiting on the edge of there seat with there bank account stocked for the release to drop.

I dont even think it's accurate to say apple has a subscriber base that does that. They have only had this on one or two occasions in the past. Iphone 4s, running on the game changing feel of the iphone 4 launch. And I pad 2, and arguably the ipad 3. But things change so damn fast, apple will not see this kind of thing happen anymore. There still successfully in every one of there product releases. And can pull some tricks to have line ups around the block. But I'm talking about public opinion. Word around the water cooler that you HAVE to go get this product.

With what I'm seeing around my friends, family, and reading more and more reviews online is far more down to earth. Every time I show the phone to people they like it. Nobody believes I have Instagram. I have 5 friends right now who are telling me there getting a z10 (will double my bbm contacts finally!!!) But they dont have 600$ lieing around. Or near there every 3 year contract upgrade. So typically it takes a phone breaking or getting lost to force somebody to do it. And when it comes to people online more and more people take a real slow approach, they sit back and wait. Most likely because in reality they too don't have the money to buy the phone outright.

When we hear Thorstein Heins say it's a marathon not a sprint I believe this is why. The nature of the smart phone business is not what the media would have you think. You need a kick *** product on the shelf all the time, to catch those sales everyday, all year. As opposed to the big events and instant numbers to analyze that the media likes so much.

So how about everybody else? How many people have you heard say there getting a z10 sometime in the future rather then people more or less heading to the store right away.

I totaly agree with your post.
    So far I have 3 friends getting the Z10 by June and 5 others getting it or whateter is an update of the Z10 a the end of the year it is s sad to see these guys really wanted to get the phone wright now but can.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:40 PM
    I totaly agree with your post.
    So far I have 3 friends getting the Z10 by June and 5 others getting it or whateter is an update of the Z10 a the end of the year it is s sad to see these guys really wanted to get the phone wright now but can.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:41 PM
    I agree. I don't think the people who buy 2 or 3 phones a year ate in the majority. I know a few people at work who will upgrade to the Z10 when their contracts allow them and I have several family members who will be doing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:04 PM
    I agree almost exactly. Andd excellent point of quoting thor! Here in the states the galaxy s2 is still being advertised a good amount. I think people are slowly starting to get over the whole new phone a year way of life. I've always had new phones every year. But not with the z10 I really feel like it will change.. Untill the aristo :}
    03-29-13 02:33 PM
    I hear more people saying they are waiting for the keypad q10. That will be the game changer or death for BlackBerry.

As far as touch phones go there is a lot better then z10. But when 60 million or so people are waiting for a keypad...well...it better be awesome and then some. or it could get ugly really fast.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:05 PM
    it looks like the iPhone.

whats so good about the peek???? its not a winner. too little too late

why buy it, no good apps, no bis, freezes all the time, switches it self off, flop!!!!
    03-29-13 03:14 PM
    I hear more people saying they are waiting for the keypad q10. That will be the game changer or death for BlackBerry.

As far as touch phones go there is a lot better then z10. But when 60 million or so people are waiting for a keypad...well...it better be awesome and then some. or it could get ugly really fast.

Posted via CB10
    Well YOU may believe there are better full screen phones, and I'm sure based on your definition and needs that's true. In my family there is one iPhone and two androids. For my purpose and based on my definition my Z10 is better for my purpose and how I like to interact with my phone.

However as you have stated you are on these forums to "Correct" people so you just enjoy yourself.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:28 PM
    it looks like the iPhone.

whats so good about the peek???? its not a winner. too little too late

why buy it, no good apps, no bis, freezes all the time, switches it self off, flop!!!!
    Wow, thanks for your contribution to the forum. However misplaced it may be.

Black Tie Z10
    nuangel2 likes this.
    03-29-13 03:48 PM
    Well YOU may believe there are better full screen phones, and I'm sure based on your definition and needs that's true. In my family there is one iPhone and two androids. For my purpose and based on my definition my Z10 is better for my purpose and how I like to interact with my phone.

However as you have stated you are on these forums to "Correct" people so you just enjoy yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I know. The z10 does it all. And. Which iphone and droid at home? If they are less then a year bold chances are its better then the Zzzzzzzzzzz 10

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:54 PM
    What's new today is obsolete tomorrow. A lesson BlackBerry is paying for. Hopefully they can rebound and regain respect.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:59 PM
    I know. The z10 does it all. And. Which iphone and droid at home? If they are less then a year bold chances are its better then the Zzzzzzzzzzz 10

Posted via CB10
    Hey nice try at a shot at me (or the z10 or both; whatever yawn). The androids are both less than a year old including SG3. I could really care less if you think they're better. I've had plenty of chance to use all 3 phones. Yep they got way more apps, funny thing is I have to tell my family members to get this or that app so we can interact better (e.g. whatsapp) or tell my Starbucks loving wife that there is an app for that because she doesn't get the app thing. They hardly use the huge library of apps (the other family members are teenage boys they're happy with basic communication and youtube). Whatever it's all good.

You still can't argue with my "preference" for the interaction of OS. It's what I like over those phones, full stop. And frankly my family members think those aspects of BB10 are pretty "cool" too (e.g. peek and flick typing). So no amount of your attempts are going to change what people like and think is cool. All the rational arguments in the world and OS comparisons won't work if people just rather like one thing over another (for example after using BB10 I personally cant understand why anyone would prefer the iOS operating system, but it's ok with me if they do).

So again you enjoy yourself and your "correcting" (your word as I recall, I couldn't be bothered looking up your posts) other people. I surely could think of better ways of spending my time than going on to other fan forums and correcting them.
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    03-29-13 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I find it really hard to believe your getting a free phone from work.
    To me, anyone with a character like yours that puts others down and goes out of their way to anoy people is totally unemployable...I know I'd fire your azz if you worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:15 PM
    I agree. Most people don't check the tech blogs to find out about phones. They see the commercials, talk to friends, and see what is available at the store. I think most preconceived ideas about which phone to get comes from seeing a friend's phone and maybe trying it out. Word of mouth can be a very important part of the decision process.

That being said, it is going to take some effort to get the word out. It won't be an overnight change in the market. As people get to the point where they can upgrade, there will be more opportunities to get the Z10 and Q10 into their hands.

BUT, BlackBerry really needs to ramp up advertising, and not just the Keep Moving commercial. There needs to be ads showing how to use the phone. It has some great capabilities, which is quite evident by how many people like seeing demonstrations. Word of mouth needs to tie in with what they see in commercials. There is a reason why there are so many five star ratings for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:01 PM
    I find it really hard to believe your getting a free phone from work.
    To me, anyone with a character like yours that puts others down and goes out of their way to anoy people is totally unemployable...I know I'd fire your azz if you worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Never met a lawyer? We are all doucebags.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by goldie335; 03-29-13 at 05:32 PM.
    03-29-13 05:11 PM
    Never met a lawyer? We are all doucebags.

Posted via CB10
    'Douchebags' you mean? Judging by the quality of your posts so far I find that you may be the one but definitely not the other
    03-29-13 07:29 PM
    Getting back to the original post, I would have to agree that many people may be locked into contracts meaning many can't/won't rush out to buy the Z10. I still have 20 months left on my 36 month contract and as much as I would love to pick up a Z10 or Q10, it's difficult to justify the expense of buying out the existing contract.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-29-13 09:05 PM